1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Ikariam] BAN HAMMER

Discussion in 'MMORPG' started by Brazbit, Oct 14, 2008.

1. Brazbit

Brazbit Nah... It can't be.

BAN HAMMER

Els and myself will be taking a forced vacation from Ikariam as the automated system seems to think we are a single person with multiple accounts on the same server. So while we work with Ikariam support to resolve this issue we will not be around.

Just in case this should drag on my General status should probably be passed to someone that can log in. ;) We have not had need of a general yet but the information available to the general is very handy to have access to.

If someone could check our towns and see if they were nice enough to put us in vacation mode while this is worked on that would be appreciated.

Thanks!

2. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

All of your towns are listed as in vacation mode...

SM

3. Elspeth

Elspeth Beware the Fire Dragon

Thanks for checking.

We have both put tickets in to see what the (*&$% is up (of course in nicer terms)

I will love to hear why we got banned.

4. Sierra Mike

Probably for having different accounts with the same IP, as would happen if you were both behind the same firewall.

SM

5. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

Yeah, there have been threads in the forums about this, and you're supposed to submit a ticket when there is more than one person playing from the same location (sorry, figured you knew). I did this when my son was playing and all they do is send back a reply along the lines of "OK."

You're also supposed to submit a ticket if you want to play from a portable device, which I did so I could check in from Disney World on my iPhone.

6. Elspeth

aarrggghhhh. :yougottabekidding: Am I the only one who thinks that is really stupid? And no I hadn't seen that, never go to the forums.

Hopefully this will get all fixed, before my people drink themselves through their wine and get pissy with me

7. Brazbit

If the towns are in vacation mode no resources are used or gathered. The towns just freeze.

And thank you for checking SM

8. Elspeth

just got this from the powers that be at Ikariam

If I have to start over, I will not be. This is utter BS.:friggin::friggin::friggin::friggin::friggin:

9. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

Well, I'll hang it up too, to be honest. I'll go out in a blaze of glory, raping town within sight in clear and blatant violation of our charter, but I'll hang it up. And then maybe go play Travian, or one of the other clones of this game.

10. Sierra Mike

Woo-hoo!

SM

11. Brazbit

Well I have yet to receive a reply on this. They probably think they have already sent me a reply as they think she is the same person as me. Oh well, This just saves those around me from having to face what I was starting to convert my forces into. They got off lucky I would say.

Dear Ikariam Admins;

Please accept this in the spirit it was given: :kissmy:

Thank you,
    Brazbit

12. Twingo

Twingo Registered User

Dang dude, hope you two can get this sorted out and fixed.

13. SixofNine

The response that Els received looks like a form letter. I would hope that further communication would yield a personal response from wishuponme, the GO who banned you.

When I submitted a ticket about my son also playing from home, I provided some technical details such as "I sometimes check in from work which is this IP address, and my son and I play from home which is this IP address, etc."

I have no idea if that would help, but it sure would be unfair if it ended like this.

14. Elspeth

Well I am done. Here is the last response I got

Mind you it has taken them six months or more to notice this. We didn't share supplies, towns are in different areas and run different, but they must be run by the same person.

Rat bastards:banghead:

15. MNeedham73

MNeedham73 Well-Known Member

Now that just f'ing sucks!!! :(

16. Brazbit

I have had enough of this. I let them know that if a company is willing to ban people for the crime of enjoying the game with their family I had no further desire to associate myself with them.

I would say to rape my towns and gather the nearly limitless resources they will collect if and when they come off vacation mode but considering my military was getting kind of big and my walls were level 26 or higher and that my hideouts were level 20 with at least 12 working on defense I would advise against it.

I don't give a rat's ass if you can write them and get permission to do so. And write them and tell them that you are at work. And write them and tell them that you are on your phone, and write them and tell them that you are on vacation yet still playing due to nearly universal internet access. Or that you can write them and tell them that you are at a friends house and want to show them the game and that the friend might choose to create his own account. Or write them for permission to use the restroom. It is f'ing rediculous.

Their game, their rules, they are welcome to them. I choose to flip them the bird and write this one off.

17. SixofNine

I hear ya, Braz. I just posted the following in their suggestions forum. I don't know if they'll keep it open because it's against the rules to discuss particular bans:

18. Piobaireachd

Piobaireachd Full Member

That's it, I'm done. I fired all of my troops and posted a note on the board about the admins having their heads up their asses.

19. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Man, there's got to be some way to resolve this.

20. Sierra Mike

There is--we RAMPAGE! Copz, give the word!

SM