1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ICQ Noob needs your help

Discussion in 'Bits & Bytes' started by Scott, Nov 24, 2002.

1. Scott

Scott Some Assembly Required

ok-----call me a noob :). i have never used ICQ in my life. what's the best version to get? is there more than one?

i'm so embarassed LOL:eek:

2. Scott

well, i downloaded the ICQ2002A file. just for haha's, i included a screenshot of the completed download. i love my ISP :)

3. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

I am not a fan of ICQ much but did use it profusely at one time. I think you have the latest version but I would go to the Bookmarks of Interest section and go to the thread about older software and if they have ICQ version that was around 2000 go for it.

It had no ads and had MORE functionalities than this new crap they put out.

Myself, I use Trillian, which encompasses most of the big boys like ICQ, Yahoo, MSN, AIM, etc..

4. Scott

trillian? is it spyware free and all that good stuff? :)

the only file transfer/chat prog i have used is MSN mess-enger. it works sometimes, but i want something a little more reliable/not made by M$N.:haha:

5. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

I didn't see any spyware, neither did Adaware. I loved Trillian so much (there's weather, news, and other plugins also for it) that I purchased the Pro version.

If you want more information, <a href="http://www.ceruleanstudios.com/trillian/index.html">go here</a>.

6. Techie2000

Techie2000 The crowd would sing:

Trillian is generally good, I also like ICQ Lite...

7. Domh

Domh Full Member

never mind! oops...