1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Icon sets

Discussion in 'Bits & Bytes' started by Sharondippity, Dec 3, 2002.

1. Sharondippity

Sharondippity Sweetness and Light

Anyone know a quick and dirty way to get a set of matching website icons ? I really don't want to make them, but I need them to match the website I'm working on.
  2. BigDeputyDog

BigDeputyDog Straight Shootin Admin Staff Member

Howdy, MsDippity... :)

What do you want the icons to look like??? Size?? Color??
    I might be able to be of some assistance...

BDD... :{)
  3. Sharondippity

I need icons that match the font on the website http://www.blossomhill.net BlossomHill.net

I need one for News, one for Yard Sales, one for Weather

But I wondered if there was a place out there that I could pick up sets instead of trying to tell you what I want. I'm not sure what I want!!
  4. rockotman

rockotman Blown on the steel breeze

Do you mean something like this...

These can be extracted from the attached zip file (photoshop format) - just add different layers for additional titles...

That is how my son does various buttons for sites he does - keeps them very consistent
  5. mrRT

mrRT Tech Mod

Fireworks does the plain Jane stuff if you want to quickly create...or a search in Google for Web buttons will turn up tons of free stuff...no creation necessary..
  6. Sharondippity

Thanks for the zip roko- I have troubles with adobe 7 for some reason on both my pc and my new laptop, so I will see if I can replicate the idea with fireworks or psp
  7. mrRT

mrRT Tech Mod

Photoshop not behavin???

How come..Whats up it?
  8. Sharondippity

It's complaint, on both my desktop (win 2K) and laptop (winxp home)
    is that the scratch file and the something else file (I'm not at home right now) are on the same volume and that performance will be affected.

Boy was this error message accurate. The performance is horrible.
    Fireworks is zip zap fast, so is Paint Shop Pro. Adobe Photoshop just hangs and hangs.
  9. mrRT

mrRT Tech Mod

Photoshop is a big pig!!!...awesome program and I love it to death, but it wants a giant scratch file, lots of free space on your drive, & plenty of memory. Is it version7 your running?? I know that all the 6.x versions had memory and slow response issues that were resolved with some later patches..

Suggestion in the past for this problem has been to partition hard drive and then reassign the scratch file to this new partition..

You may want to see if you can free up some space and give it some elbow room.. I have mine running all on one drive ...version 7..but I have 60G free space.and it doesn't complain.

hope that helps.
  10. Sharondippity

I have a 40 gig drive on my laptop with almost nothing on it. I have version 7. It hates me no matter what OS I use it on.

How hard is partitioning the hard drive ? One more damn thing to learn ! Ah I just want to be creative!
  11. mrRT

mrRT Tech Mod

Adding a partition is cake Sharon....Partition Magic is the best....but I am still searching Adobe site for some answers on that scrath disk issue...So hang on before you partition..

I seem to remember that somewhere in Photoshop you can regulate the size and location of that scratch disk...and that may cure the problem...Thats alot easier than doing the partition although its good experience)