1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Wasn't Ready For This

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Coot, May 3, 2007.

1. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

I can't add anything that hasn't already been said, but I think Sarge summed up my emotions quite well. My deepest sympathies.

2. MemphisMark

MemphisMark Old School Conservative

Aw, geeez, I'm real sorry to hear this. I don't know what to say beyond what has already been said. Don't hesitate to contact us if you need anything.

3. Stiofan

Stiofan Master Po

Ah shit.

Stay tough as you can, that's all you can do. I'll say a prayer for you both tonight.

4. Allene

Allene Registered User

Coot, this is late because I was on vacation until last night. I'm dreadfully sorry to hear your sad news, and you and your wife will be in my thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.

5. cdw

cdw Ahhhh...the good life.

Coot? You haven't mentioned anything about Carol lately... you ok? She "ok"?
    Anything either of you need?

6. Coot

Coot Passed Away January 7, 2010

Update

I sooo hate talking about this, but I thought I should update. She isn't eating and she's, at least at this time, refusing the appetite stimulant that the Hospice staff are trying to get her to take, saying that she doesn't want to draw this out anymore.

She's bedridden and can barely get to the bathroom. The doctors are no longer even offering an opinion, but from the looks of things, I'll be quite shocked if she makes it to Christmas. Not much more to add, other than she beat the initial prognosis by a good stretch.

7. tke711

tke711 Oink Oink Staff Member

I'm so sorry Coot. My thoughts and prayers are with you both!

8. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

I doubt there's anything to say that will make... well, anything better.

I am sincerely sorry, Lee. Offer her comfort, it's the most and best you can do.

You and Carol will be in my thoughts. May God grant you strength.

9. cdw

cdw Ahhhh...the good life.

I love ya Coot. I appreciate you letting us know what's going on...we've all been wondering and have been afraid to ask.
    All I can say is we love ya. And we're here. All the time.

10. Allene

Allene Registered User

I'm very sorry, Coot. It's never easy to watch someone's life coming to an end. I will definitely keep you and your wife in my thoughts and prayers.

11. Elspeth

Elspeth Beware the Fire Dragon

Oh, Coot. I have been thinking about you a lot, keeping up hope. You are always in our thoughts. Please let us know if you need anything

12. MNeedham73

MNeedham73 Well-Known Member

You both will be in my thoughts, Coot.

13. cmhbob

cmhbob Did...did I do that? Staff Member

Lee, I'm also sad to hear this. I wish I could offer something to help you through this time. Please feel free to call me, any time.

14. Violet1966

Violet1966 Stand and Deliver Staff Member

This is one of those things, that challanges one's faith. All the prayer, I tried. If there is a God, he's going to have to explain this one to me because I'll never understand it. :(

We love you Coot, and even though Carol isn't a member here, we love her too. Be strong and if you feel weak, don't be afraid to fall on us for support. This has to be very hard for you. We're here for you. Wish I could be there for you right now, to help somehow.

15. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

I can't imagine what you're going through now, but I can empathize, and I can pray for you. So I will.

16. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

I can't imagine what you're going through now, but I can empathize, and I can pray for you. So I will.

17. Steve

Steve Is that it, then?

Words aren't enough. I think we all wish we could be there, if only to take care of the mundane things so that you two can spend more time together.

You'll both be in my prayers, Lee.

18. Advocat

Advocat Viral Memes a Speciality Staff Member

Man, I am so sorry. Keeping you both in my thoughts.

19. MemphisMark

MemphisMark Old School Conservative

I am so sorry. Just know we are here if you need us.

20. joseftu

joseftu ORIGINAL Pomp-Dumpster

So very sorry, Coot. :(