1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Wasn't Ready For This

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Coot, May 3, 2007.

1. Coot

Coot Passed Away January 7, 2010

My wife has had a nagging, persistent cough the last few months. After chiding her to go to the doctor for most of that time, she finally went on Tuesday. When they saw the chest X-Ray, they scheduled a CT Scan for Wednesday. Today, we went back to see the doc and the radiologist. They're nearly certain that she has a 6 cm. malignancy in the upper lobe of her right lung. She has an appointment for Tuesday in Boise to have her lung capacity evaluated, get another CT scan and a biopsy of the tumor to determine the kind of cancer it is in order to define treatment options. I was always upbeat when she went through the cervical cancer and then the skin cancer. I'm daunted now, lung cancer is such a motherfucker to beat.
  2. Piobaireachd

Piobaireachd Full Member

Sorry to hear that. :(

I'm sending good thoughts you and your wife's way.
  3. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

All my best wishes to you and the Mrs, Coot.
  4. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

Oh my! No one is ever prepared for that. Best wishes and prayers to you and your family.
  5. Cariad

Cariad cymru am byth

I've always thought the same thing coot. But when my mom was diagnosed with lung cancer I heard so many stories about people who'd beat it including my boss' dad, and were now fine years later.
    I hope this is the case for your family
    Sending you good thoughts and best wishes.
  6. joseftu

joseftu ORIGINAL Pomp-Dumpster

Oh no, Coot. That kind of news hits hard.

I'm sending good thoughts that she'll be fine--there really is a lot that can be done--Cariad's right.
  7. Plunge

Plunge Passed Away July 20, 2007

That sucks! I can't imagine what you are going through. Hang in there, we are all here for you!
  8. Violet1966

Violet1966 Stand and Deliver Staff Member

Praying every chance I get for you both Coot.
  9. Steve

Steve Is that it, then?

You know my thoughts on this, Lee. Just know that we're all here for you, there are people who care, more than you might think.
  10. drntdrtydg

drntdrtydg Registered User

11. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Prayers and thoughts, brother, prayers and thoughts.
  12. mikeky

mikeky Member

Sorry Coot, our good thoughts are with you.
  13. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

We never are my friend, we never are. My thoughts are with you...........
  14. cmhbob

cmhbob Did...did I do that? Staff Member

Benign. It's going to be benign. :sohelpmegod:

And WTF is it with the run of luck we've been having as a circle of friends lately?
  15. Allene

Allene Registered User

I'm really sorry to hear about your wife's health problems. I will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers.

16. ditch

ditch Downunder Member

I'm sorry to hear your news Coot. I wish you and your wife all the best and hope the prognosis is as favourable as possible under the circumstances.

It surely is something you cannot be fully prepared for.
  17. MNeedham73

MNeedham73 Well-Known Member

Was asking myself the same thing, bob.

You and your wife both will be in my thoughts, Coot. Hang in there.
  18. tke711

tke711 Oink Oink Staff Member

My thoughts and prayers are with you both, and we are always here for you if you need us.
  19. Domh

Domh Full Member

Very sorry to hear this sad news, Coot. My thoughts are, and will be, with you and yours.

Hang in there, man.

20. damonlab

damonlab Veteran Member

Sorry to hear that Coot. Hang in there.