1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think the EL is dead folks

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by midranger4, Nov 4, 2002.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

LOL! Up to you guys if you want that. ;)

And Ken, I was actually playing around of maybe adding a sub-forum to General Sections? I guess if enough people want that.
  2. ditch

ditch Downunder Member

There is such a vastly different feeling here than EL. I really felt that I was about to be get my wrist slapped over there for saying something naughty. There a strictness in the attitude of the mods lurking slightly beyond what they class as acceptable.
    This is a lot more democratic in that everyone is listened to and things get done as a result. I would someday like to see Tech forums. I have sent a few Linux questions Techie2000's way which he has responded to helpfully. MikeKY and a few others obviously know thier stuff. I guess they are the ones to ask if they want to offer thier advise on a broad scale.
    UIF is a sensible way to handle disputes I agree. That was a problem with EL with them running in the middle of a thread.
    StevenT's prize winner last month was so true. I spend a large proportion of my time reading to catch up with things here. Being on a different time zone doesn't help much in that regard.
  3. bruzzes

bruzzes Truthslayer

I too, would love to have a tech forum.
    At the momment it could be similar to the General Question forum at the other site, or just encompass all OS's.

Is there a way yet to link to specific posts rather than the whole thread here? That would be a nice priority if that could happen.
  4. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Not sure what you mean by the above, Bruzz.

Linkage to individual posts on this forum? Yes, it's possible, is that what you are asking?