1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[WOW] I Miss Moments Like This

Discussion in 'MMORPG' started by SixofNine, Sep 8, 2017.

1. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

Somebody was playing around with toys during raid setup, and claims that he "accidentally" used one called "Set of Matches," which fears you for 10 seconds. Guess what happened? :D

2. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

At least I have chicken. :lolaway-5:

3. Biker

I wish one of us had thought of recording our Stormwind adventure. That was classic as well.

4. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Well, I had screenshots in that thread....

5. SixofNine

Somewhere in the ether is a screenshot that I posted the moment I dinged 60 for the first time. But if memory serves, images were lost as part of a server transfer or software upgrade.

Edit: found the thread:

[WoW] Brought the Camera (Hitting Level 60)

6. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Was that really 12 years ago???????

7. Biker

Yeah. We've been through two different software packages since those days.

Yep.

8. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

We need to a reunion. Just do old school dungeons which are so fucking easy... But we'd do it for shits and giggles and the good ole days.

9. Brazbit

Brazbit Nah... It can't be.

*Brazbit casts whirlwind on Fishing Pole* - I'm ready. :smokin-94:

Andy likes this.
  10. SixofNine

Boy, did I do something impulsive. :D

Screen Shot 2017-09-10 at 6.09.08 PM (2).png

jimeez likes this.
  11. SixofNine

Returning to the game after over seven years is overwhelming, of course, but fun so far.

I'm in the middle of the Legion beginner series that starts with The Legion Returns and will end with witnessing the teleportation of Dalaran (In the Blink of an Eye). That took me back to Org, which was a little disorienting in itself because I'm used to the pre-Cata city plan. [​IMG] But at least they placed the inn, bank, and auction house nice and close to each other.

The free upgrade to level 100 only gave my priest the spec option of Disc, so when I got back to Org I switched to the more comfortable Holy (you can change specs for free in cities - no trainer required).

It's funny to compare Legion specs to what I was used to at level 80 in Lich King, such as the blue quest rewards (the Accolade of the Banshee Queen trinket and the Staff of the Horde two-hander) that I have received so far. It reminds me of the days when we replaced vanilla purples with Burning Crusade greens.

It certainly feels like they have simplified attributes from WotLK, too, which is nice.

12. SixofNine

Artifact weapons, artifact knowledge, relics, order/class halls, there's a bunch of interesting stuff in this expansion. When I'm out doing quests I'm using the Disc spec because it's very hard to die. Holy Priests no longer have PW:Shield or SW: Pain. Disc priests have Shield and the Legion equivalent of SW: Pain (Purge the Wicked). An additional advantage of the latter is it gives you an instant cast that tags mobs. The one thing a Disc priest misses is AoE, but I think it's the better spec for leveling up. Both remain comparatively slow ways of leveling compared to other classes, and even Shadow is getting bad press as a leveling spec. As somebody said in a forum, in Legion roll a priest to heal, not to dps. If you want to melt faces, roll a mage or a warlock. :)

Anyway, that's me getting lost in caves on Cenarion Circle while questing (some things never change). :D

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
  13. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Damn, a 100 already.

14. SixofNine

That was a free upgrade from 80 for one toon for buying Legion. In terms of actual leveling, I'm only at 101 but close to dinging 102. :)

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
  15. SixofNine

Ysera of the Emerald Dream was corrupted by the Legion and has to be killed.

16. SixofNine

By the way, who are Jackboot and Kayln? Showing up as battle.net friends.

17. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

IIRC,

CopZ ands Els