1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I like this GA Law

Discussion in 'Society and Culture' started by ethics, Jul 15, 2018.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

2. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

What I have done is assign distinctive tones to messages or calls from people I need to pay attention to. Then I pull over and check the phone. If it's a normal tone, it gets ignored until I reach my destination or pull over for another reason.

Allene and ethics like this.
  3. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Good man. But the likes of like minded people like you are zero to none. :(

4. Allene

Allene Registered User

Washington State has a law, but I don't think there are any teeth in it.

ethics likes this.
  5. MemphisMark

MemphisMark Old School Conservative

It's an unnecessary law that won't be enforced and not used except when you royally fuck up and you have 25 other charges on you anyway. It promotes the nanny state "protecting people from themselves."

Now, if you are involved in a MVA and it can be proven that you were distracted by phone/whatever (some people eat soup while driving) then the insurance company does not have to pay for the damages you caused, which means you are personally liable (and these damages are not discharged by a bankruptcy). Also, a fine at least equal to the damage caused is assessed against you. Your license is revoked until all fees and damages are paid, Operation of an MV while while your license is revoked should be a felony.