1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am Bradley Manning

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by damonlab, Jun 5, 2013.

1. damonlab

damonlab Veteran Member

I do not believe that what he did endangered our troops. I think I might have done the same thing.

2. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

There’s a difference between whistleblowing and treason.
    SEALs who raided the bin Laden compound testified that Manning’s "harmless" documents turned up in that compound, so obviously it was of interest to the enemy, if we’re still calling bin Laden an enemy, that is and those documents are still considered classified by the government..(unless of course it is leaked to the MSM to make the Golfer in chief look good and of course), oh yea, and those SEALS, they're all just a bunch of liars anyways, amirite?

If you want to be Breanna Manning, (the name (s)he insists on being called now) feel free to stand up with him at the firing squad.

I'd wager a lot more people like me who have put their lives on the line for this country and currently have family doing the same would have no problem pulling the trigger than you can imagine and don't need a bunch of whiny actors to tell us how to think.

If you’re saying that you would turn on this country and endanger the people who are fighting for you, that’s where you belong anyway and are a bigger idiot than some may have thought of you in the first place.

3. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

You are in no position to determine what is harmful and what isn't.

dliw likes this.
  4. Kluge

Kluge Observing your world for over 50 years

First, is Damonlab quoting or agreeing with the video? If Ethics posted it we'd know it was a sloppy quote job ;-)

I thought there was a huge volume of data "leaked" so it seems unlikely that Manning would have had the opportunity to make moral judgement calls on all of it. So regardless if he was (let's say legally for now) motivated for specific bits of data, the other data would be a simple case of passing along stuff that you aren't supposed to pass along, right?

If I woke up in Manning's position I'd be asking myself what kind of drugs they dosed me with to cause those bad judgement calls. But you expect that from me, don't you?

5. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

Yes, and passing along that data is called "treason." I also wonder why sending it to Assange is "whistelblowing."

A refreshing display of self-knowledge. :D

ethics likes this.
  6. Biker

The little traitor was found guilty yesterday. Of course, the clueless are foaming at the mouth already. I find it ironic those that are howling the loudest never served their country a single day in their life.

dliw likes this.
  7. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

You know, I could live with modern liberals, debating directions the country should take, except for this very phenomenon. They bitch the most and sacrifice the least. It invokes this quote...

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Theodore Roosevelt

dliw likes this.
  8. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

9. Copzilla

No, Chelsealab.

10. SixofNine

So that was his plan, to get locked up so he can get the government to pay for his sex reassignment.

11. Biker

**sigh** Saw an OpEd on CNN earlier by some twit who feels Manning should go free. Seems the idiot equates Obama's call for "transparency" as the public's god given right to know all secrets. :doh-4:

12. SixofNine

Here's an interesting article. The author concludes that issues of supply and demand resulted in soldiers like Manning being sent to Irag and Afghanistan. In fact the article references a USA Today article that reported that more than 43,000 U.S. troops who had been listed as medically unfit for combat—according to the Pentagon’s own records—had nevertheless been deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan. It looks like Manning came pretty close to getting an administrative discharge before he even made it out of basic training:

ethics likes this.
  13. Copzilla

And if he couldn't be important and so special to the Army in a good way, he was going to be important and so special in a bad way.

The cripple of Sparta...

ethics likes this.
  14. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Givem a bottle of ranger candy and a pair of kiddie scissors and tell him good luck private.

15. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

That was fantastic.

16. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

If you want a good chuckle, go check out the fight on "its" wiki page. Piece of shit still has twigs and berries but that didnt stop the political correctness faeries from editing everything to "she".

On second thought, dont go look. I want that 10 minutes of my life back too.

17. Biker

Unfuckingreal.

Chelsea Manning files for Senate in Maryland - CNNPolitics

I would hope that the good people of Maryland would not elect a convicted felon to the halls of the Senate. If they do, I'd suggest that the final nail has been driven into the coffin of "politics" and the country is doomed.

18. Arc

Arc Full Member

Manning no doubt obtained political training and preparation from the Marion Barry School of Political Theology.

19. Allene

Allene Registered User