1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am a Veteran

Discussion in 'Society and Culture' started by ShinyTop, Nov 11, 2017.

1. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

I am a veteran. I sincerely mean it when I say I appreciate all my friends and relatives who thank me for my service on Veteran’s Day or any other day. But on this Veteran’s day let me share with you what this vet and most vets want most from the people of this country.

We want elected leaders who value our service enough to send us to battle only after every attempt has been made for peace. We want elected leaders who feel the loss and pain of those who do not return or who return wounded in body or mind.

We want a defense industry who see their duty to equip us with the best weapons possible as a higher cause than the bottom line. We want elected officials who agree with the higher duty and do not see the equipping of our service members as make work programs for their state or district.

For those hurt in the service of their country we want a treatment system that is as quick to respond as the system was when we said we wanted to join.

We want elected officials who come together to solve our country’s problems instead of standing on opposite sides of the aisle sticking their tongues out at each other. We want elected officials who serve with the same honor they ask of us.

We enlisted with the knowledge we could be put in harm’s way. But let the way home be clearly defined. Don’t let the way home become endless occupation of countries who do not want or appreciate our presence.

Let our service stand for the highest ideals of our country, not as a sound bite on the evening news or a politician’s empty campaign promise.

dsl987, ethics, Arc and 3 others like this.
  2. Allene

Allene Registered User

Shiny, I think this is the best post you've ever made on GA.

dsl987 likes this.
  3. MemphisMark

MemphisMark Old school Conservative

Bravo.:appl:

I couldn't have put it better myself.

Biker, I need a 1,000x Like button for this OP.

dsl987 likes this.
  4. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Great post.