1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Human Shields On the Way to Iraq

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Coot, Jan 22, 2003.

1. Coot

Coot Passed Away January 7, 2010

Well, a couple of busloads of Americans and Brits are driving to Iraq from Europe to present themselves as human shields when the bombing starts. Led by one Kenneth O'Keefe, former Marine and Gulf War veteran.
    I dunno, I'd buy a ticket to that show.

Story Here.

2. cdw

cdw Ahhhh...the good life.

God, I read about this this morning... I was going to post it, but I had to go to the funeral.
    What a bunch of friggin' whacko's. I just don't understand some people's way of thinking.

3. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

Mr. O'keefe is going to renounce his citizenship. Doesn't that mean we won't be bombing an American? Oh, and Mr. O'keefe is from California. He might be getting contributions per person for their governor.

4. cdw

cdw Ahhhh...the good life.

Yeah...probably learned this crap in one of those school teach in's.
    :)

5. Stiofan

Stiofan Master Po

How big is that bus. If there's room left, there's still time to get some more onboard. I'll put an ad in Variety and maybe we can get most of Hollywood to board. And damn it, make sure the Turks don't stop 'em at the border.

6. mikepd

mikepd Veteran Member

Damn. Someone be sure to tell Ramsey Clark so they can go along and bring Mumia Abu-Jamal too. Courage of your convictions and all that. Got to admire Mr. O'keefe for that, at least. He says they need at least 10,000 'human shields' to make their point. Well, based on what the press would have you believe, they should have no problem getting that many committed defenders of peace to put their lives on the line for what they believe in.

After all, an all volunteer military force does the same thing for the defense of freedom so the protesters can shout about how bad the military is. The only difference is that when the military is given the word to do a mission, they go and do it. Protesters just talk a lot. Time to walk the walk, Mr. O'keefe .

7. rowd

rowd Spark Maker

Mr. Kenneth O'Keefe is going to get up close and personal with..............

8. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

LOL...here's hoping his charm defense can stop inbound ordo.

SM

9. Jedi Writer

Jedi Writer Guest

In the Gulf War one of the primary targets on the initial list of targets for the first air attack on Baghdad was the El Rashid Hotel. Those planning the air attack compiled the list. When the White House reviewed the list in advance, Cheney being the lead, the military was instructed to take the hotel off the list. It was thought not to be a good idea to bomb a hotel full of CNN staff including the CNN head news anchor, Bernie Shaw. Bad form and all that!

Gosh, do you think the military knew about the press being there?