1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How's the weather

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by fritzmp, Dec 5, 2002.

1. fritzmp

fritzmp Fire Fire For Effect

VA is looking quite winter like

Today pic:)

2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Great shots. Wish I had my camera to take a shot of 5th Avenue. :)

3. Robert Harris

Robert Harris Passed Away Aug. 19, 2006

Great idea. I may take a walk with a camera this afternoon. First real snow in a long time.

4. Steve

Steve Is that it, then?

Here's a shot out the window of my office, looking down at the intersection of 6th and Penn Streets in Reading.

5. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Wow, that baby is sticking.

6. mikeky

mikeky Member

On my way to check the still yesterday.

7. Steve

Steve Is that it, then?

That haze isn't poor lighting. It's snow falling. We've got about 4 inches already, and will probably get 4 more.

8. Aria

Aria All shall love me&despair

Cold and rainy here in Norfolk. Thankfully no snow.

9. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

Front coming thru, getting colder all day. Will go down to 40 tonight.

10. mikepd

mikepd Veteran Member

The weather here in Florida is all screwed up. Wednesday we almost hit 80. Tomorrow, the 6th, it will be 60 and by Monday back up to 72.

Every time I think the temperature is going to stay cool so I won't have to worry about a return of bronchitis or deal with complications from asthma, wham!

This is playing merry hob with my plans to get and stay well enough to run a SOHO computer consulting business as I try to get back in the work force within my limitations.

I'll probably start a thread asking for some advice as I value the insight all of you provide.

If any of you get to cold, we could start an exchange program. You send some low fronts down and I'll send some highs toward your direction ;).

11. ditch

ditch Downunder Member

We need some of your snow down here good people. Bush fires are causing havoc around Sydney with homes being lost in outlying areas. We are in the longest drought ever recorded with some of the bushfires DELIBERATELY LIT. Throwing a lighted cigarette out your car window, formerly a littering offence, has been made a criminal offence.

[​IMG]

12. Robert Harris

Robert Harris Passed Away Aug. 19, 2006

I hope that photo is not of you, Ditch.

13. Stonehawk

Stonehawk AKA Jerry

I was born in Penrith, NSW Ditch.....how close are the brush fires?

Hopefully you and yours are safe from them.....

Stay safe all.....

14. ditch

ditch Downunder Member

No Bob, thats not me.

Stonehawk, the fires haven't effected Penrith but the north west areas such as Hornsby Heights and Galston. Also the South West like Menai and the national parks. The central coast and Brooklyn near the Hawkesbury Bridge were copping it yesterday with the Pacific Hwy closed to all traffic. The south coast inland from Bateman's Bay was also effected. The winds have died out over night which will make the firefighters job a lot easier.

We are at Eastwood and not in a problem area. The air was thick with smoke the past couple of days as you might imagine. The forecast is more of the hot dry winds on Monday.

15. jaykaykay

jaykaykay 2 Good 2 B 4gotten

[​IMG] This is pretty much the way it looks here. I don't have a digital camera so cannot take one from my back yard, but this is pretty standard. It's been really too dry here too...all year. We are way under our moisture content for the year, about 4 to 7 inches. And, we don't get much more rain for the year than that!

16. ditch

ditch Downunder Member

Beautiful landscape there jay. What state are you from?

17. Sunriser13

Sunriser13 Knee Deep in Paradise

It sure is... I've never had the pleasure of seeing the desert - gosh, there are so many places I want to travel to before I die...

I'm pretty sure that JKK is from Arizona, ditch.

18. IamZed

IamZed ...

I had it well. No problems here. Light dry snow. It was cool.

19. ditch

ditch Downunder Member

Arizona eh. Thats just beautiful Sunriser. Yes I know what you mean. So many places I haven't been and places I've been to and want to visit again. Gotta do it.

20. Sunriser13

Sunriser13 Knee Deep in Paradise

Australia is one of the places I've dreamed of seeing, ditch. What may be "old hat" to you is "foreign territory" to me, sort of like someone who lives in the mountains or at the ocean and sees them every day, but has stopped appreciating their beauty.