1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

??? How'd this happen?

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Misu, Jan 19, 2003.

1. Misu

Misu Hey, I saw that.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,76002,00.html

"Kangaroo Jack", a movie about 2 guys who try to get mob money back from - get this - a talking Kangaroo - makes 1st place at the box office in the US.

:huh:

I knew that movies have been sucking lately, but come on! Don't go to the movies if there isn't anything worthy playing! Don't give retarded movies like this money - studios will put more and more of these things out.

:cry:

2. ditch

ditch Downunder Member

Mmmm....I'm sure that isn't one of our exports thank god. You are welcome to it. Did you ever get the Skippy series on TV over there? That was an export of ours and really not one I should be reminding anyone of.

I see in the article that LOTR The Two Towers has made $299 million with experts predicting it will break the $300 mill mark. Gee, I don't know. That last million is a big ask.;)

3. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

"Skippy....

...Skippy...

Skippy the bush kangaroooooooooooooooooooooooo..."

SM

4. ditch

ditch Downunder Member

That's the one. The only kangaroo in living memory to deliver a spoken message from the ranger in the broken down Land Rover to the station officer that "the distributor cap is broken". Truly amazing.

5. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

Well, Oz is truly a place of magic.

explains all the fairies...tee-hee-hee...

SM

6. ditch

ditch Downunder Member

Well there's a lot in Sydney. Even rivals SF when the gay mardi gras is on.:)

No very PC of me there.

7. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Misu, I honestly can't believe that one. That movie looks SUCKY!!!!!

8. mikeky

mikeky Member

A movie the whole family can go to without too many four-letter words or peoples heads being ripped off. Makes you wonder why more of these type (ok, maybe a little better) aren't made.

9. saber11

saber11 Veteran Member

I can't believe anyone over the age of 4 went to the Crocadile hunter movie, so this doesn't suprise me.

My wife and I saw the Country Bears, so guess I shouldn't talk. But we kinda want to see Kangaroo Jack, but we'll wait till it comes on Pay per view on cable that way we won't have to spend a dime to see it (legally too)

10. Misu

Misu Hey, I saw that.

I'm not against family films - the Bud series of films were really cute and great family movies. In fact, the Disney channel and Animal Planet have tons of a really great family films, and they're really good films.

But this movie is about a talking Kangaroo who doesn't give back a bunch of Mob money to 2 guys who either stole the money and got caught, or won the money gambeling and had to give it back (not sure how they got the money - just know they have to give it back to the mob). That's not the premise of a family film.

This looks like a film that stoners would go to - to see the rapping Kangaroo.

11. ditch

ditch Downunder Member

I bet the roo hides the money in her pouch with the Joey.

12. ethics

Harry Potter?

13. RRedline

RRedline Veteran MMember

When I saw advertisements for this movie, I about crapped myself. I was like, "WTF? Are they SERIOUSLY going to release this thing in theaters?"

Not only did they release it, but it captured the top spot? I think I'd rather watch guys learn the results of their paternity tests on Maury Povich than sit through a movie about a rapping kangaroo.

Truly amazing. :rolleyes:

14. ethics

Wait a minute, the kangaroo RAPS?

15. Steve

Steve Is that it, then?

It raps, at least in the idiotic previews. I'm gratified to see that I'm not the only person the planet to be dumbfounded at the incredibly stupid and banal premise of this "movie".

16. Coriolis

Coriolis Bob's your uncle

<i>Sometimes
    It makes me wonder
    Why they keepin' me down under
    Huh, uh, uh, uhh

Sometimes
    It makes me wonder
    Why they dis my movie plunder
    Huh, uh, uh, uhh
    </i>

:_