1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Would Jesus Vote on Iraq?

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by mikeky, Jan 28, 2003.

1. mikeky

mikeky Member

<a href="http://www.nytimes.com/2003/01/28/opinion/28LOCO.html">Thought-provoking article:</a>

I'm not sure about the concept of a pre-emptive strike, but would not the suffering and murder of those unable to protect themselves, not just in Iraq but elsewhere, surely stir the anger of Jesus as much as the money changers in the temple?

2. Frodo Lives

Frodo Lives Luke, I am NOT your father!

We probably shouldn't dwell on this to much, Jesus probably would have stuck us down long ago for such transgressions as the Back Street Boys and Hillery Clinton.

3. mikeky

mikeky Member

LOL, I can't argue with that.

4. melpomene

melpomene Banned

Jesus was a very practical man. I think he would have negotiated Saddam and his cronies, hard at the table.

5. Frodo Lives

No, I think he would have called down the wrath of God and turned a big chunk to glass. Saddam's own treatment of his people would have gotten him a death sentence.

6. melpomene

melpomene Banned

disagree, Jesus was a logical man. He thought things out very carefully. He was not impulsive. He was reasonable and articulate.

He would definately have gone to the negotiation table.

7. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

We have been negotiating with Iraq since he entered Kuwait in 1991. A point that many dismiss.

8. Frodo Lives

I think it is time to let the military do the negotiating now.

9. Robert Harris

Robert Harris Passed Away Aug. 19, 2006

You left George Bush out. Surely an oversight.

10. mikepd

mikepd Veteran Member

Jesus would have thought of the children. Saadam would have been toast years ago.

11. Frodo Lives

Your right, what was I thinking.