1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to create a utopian world

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Mark DM, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Mark DM

Mark DM New Member

I have looked for a while where to post this concept. I certainly hope it is something that can spread like wildfire, without the damage. Here is the foundation of something I have thought about for many years.

In my vision of the utopian world....

Countries would still exist
    Nationnal Governments must compete for taxpayers, meaning that countries that have effective governments will attract the most businesses and workers. Corrupt governements would not attract many people, and more people would leave those countries leaving corrupt governments without subjects to rule. This would encourage a nation to have a lower tax base and a more efficcient and more effective government.

Citizens of the world are free to travel or work anywhere they please without visas , or work permits, regardless of their origin.

to start...
    I believe we need only a few nations to enter into an agreement to allow this philosiphy to flourish. This would allow some test cases to occur, and these countries could be the ones to reap the benefits, after the world would see how well it could work.

This is not like the EU....
    One might think this is similar to the European Union however all nation members of the European Union must conform to EU standards even use of the Euro. In this case each country would maintain its identity, make its own laws nd not be bound to a higher authourity as in the EU.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
  2. MemphisMark

MemphisMark Old School Conservative

We already have that in the US. We are (supposedly) 50 independent countries bound together under a federal system for mutual protection and standardization of trade. You are free to move and travel between them as you please.

The problem is you have several large groups of people who believe an overbearing and intrusive government with high taxes and burdensome red tape is the way to go. After they create themselves that kind of State government, they say, "Holy shit! The taxes here are sky high, I need a pound of paperwork to do anything and there are no jobs because all of the good businesses have left! I'm moving to where the taxes are lower, there are more jobs and the government leaves you alone!"

The problem is, once they get to the new State, they start demanding to increase government regulation, raising the taxes to pay for it, raising the taxes on the wealthy to punish them, then whine and complain about how this state is just like the old one! We are seeing a mass exodus from CA to TX/AZ, who are turning Blue because of all of the influx of Liberals. People in NY/NJ are also fleeing to places like TN, FL and other States with low/no income tax and low government regulations.

If a wall is to be built, I'd much rather it be around California/Oregon/Washington State, Illinois, and from New York/New Jersey and the rest of the NE.

3. Mark DM

Mark DM New Member

The USA is not this either, they have to conform to Federal law. It was NOT supposed to have been that way however.

there would be NO FEDERAL GOVERNMENT, NO EU GOVERNMENT

INDEPENDENT NATIONS FREE TO MAKE THEIR OWN LAWS

4. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

It wasn't? By the very nature of the Constitution as written by the founding Fathers, the Federal government was created.

Your premise has one extremely fatal flaw. In one breath, you claim there would be no governments and in the second you claim independent nations are free to make their own laws. In order to create a law, you must have some type of governing body in place to create/enact those laws.

Arc likes this.
  5. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

I think it interesting that you think people and companies gravitate away from corruption and towards honest governments. Ideally that would be the case but many companies and people like governments that can be bought to do their bidding.

Arc likes this.
  6. Mark DM

Mark DM New Member

I said clearly countries WOULD exist as would governments.

If for instance it were the USA the Federal government would not exist

if it were the EU there would be no EU organization

In the USA a state would represent a "country"

I think maybe you misuderstood but you cal you misunderstandinfg a "fatal flaw" must be aFederal Government Employee

You guys can discuss Im gone from here as it seems to turn negative rather than generate positive discussion.

I will not engage in the negativity

Find what is right in the idea do not nit pck it for flaws then exaggerate and call them "fatal"

7. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

Damn, I will miss him.

SixofNine likes this.
  8. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Countries already exist as world governments. Get it right.

Again, back to that fatal flaw in the premise. In one breath you state that the country would be a world government, and in the next, you state it doesn't exist.

Here, you are correct as the EU was originally seperate countries that had their own governments. In creating the European Union, each country now acts much like a state does in the US.

Wrong again.

If you expect to debate here, you better have a better grasp on your premise and be prepared to discuss it. This isn't the kind of site that looks at a post and accepts it at face value.

And further investigation gives a glimpse into why you want to be able to travel freely without any visas or work permits. Unfettered travel in this manner would only result in the prosperous country becoming a cesspool like the country "immigrants" are leaving.

9. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Susan, GTFO of here. :p

Arc and ShinyTop like this.
  10. MemphisMark

MemphisMark Old School Conservative

If you do not identify and correct the points where your plan fails, then the plan won't work. We can laud your "good points" all we want, but the plan will still fail because you didn't address the errors/fallacies.

BTW, since you're new here (if you're still here after storming off in a huff), you need to know this: We do second-level thinking here (what are the consequences, good and bad for an action).

If you want to live in a Utopia, you shouldn't have left Kindergarten. Because that's where you have no consequences for your actions, someone tells you what and when to do things, an authority figure will kiss your boo-boos when you scrape something and you have to share everything.

tke711, Allene and ethics like this.