1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to change GA threading?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Copzilla, Apr 5, 2013.

1. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

Recently the GA forum has started heirarchal thread stacking, with indentations for every tier.

How do I swap it back to flat stacking? This is annoying, because it actually started pushing threads into a 2 inch space on the screen after a few quotes.

2. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Huh?

3. Copzilla

Here's what my screens look like now. This started about a week ago. Looks like shit.

screenshot.jpg

4. Biker

ACK! I don't see that at all. Is this on Tapatalk or your normal browser? Clear cache?

I just pulled up IE and viewed the same thread. No issues at all.

5. Copzilla

Normal browser, although my IE at work is an older version. Does it on Firefox at home also though, new and updated.

6. Biker

Ctrl-F5?

7. Copzilla

It also stacks the thread posts in wrong heirarchal order. Like I JUST make that last post, and this is what I see... The new post appearing in the wrong position in the thread.

But if I reload the thread, it will show up differently.

stackingwrong.jpg

8. Biker

What version of IE?

It shouldn't be happening at all with newer versions, regardless of browser. About the only one I haven't tested recently is Opera. But Chrome, IE (9 and 10) and FF all display fine for me.

9. Copzilla

Again, reloading the browser will restack the thread, but the heirarchal thread stacking sucks anyway, because eventually it runs the text off the screen. Any way to turn this off?

10. Copzilla

It's IE 9, not THAT old. Can't update it, admins at work have us all locked out.

11. Biker

It's not supposed to do that. There's no such option. Your browser isn't rendering the CSS properly which is why it's shooting off to the right.

CTRL-F5 to clear the javascript stuff and then clear the browser cache. Does it still do it after that?

12. Copzilla

Yes.

13. Biker

I'm going to turn on the ability to choose the default skin. Go ahead and select it, then tell me if the problem is resolved. Try changing back to Blaze and then see if the problem persists.

14. Copzilla

Put it on XenoMorph 1.1.4 and that fixed it. Let me switch back and see...

15. Copzilla

Okay, default mode is somehow melded between XenoMorph and Blaze. Because it looks like XenoMorph in terms of color scheme and graphics, but isn't threading the same.

16. Copzilla

BTW, to show I'm not bullshitting, here's a screensnap from my house on Firefox, fully updated.

home2.jpg

17. Copzilla

Blaze looks fine too. When I put it on default, it all goes to hell.

18. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I just got home and in Chrome my theme changed without me telling it to, and now I see what CopZ sees..

And no, I didn't see your reply to change the theme because the order of posts was whacked out..

Now that I set it to blaze, I am back to only using 1/2 of my screen to read the forums due to the huge wasted space on both sides.

19. Copzilla

So it's not my browser not rendering the CSS properly, it's the CSS not being properly delivered. A forum bug, amigos.

20. Biker

Do NOT select ZenoMorph as it's nothing more than the framework that handles Blaze. It's either the default style or Blaze that you should be selecting.