1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How the liberals are killing science

Discussion in 'Society and Culture' started by Biker, Jan 1, 2016.

1. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

A very fascinating read indeed.

http://nymag.com/scienceofus/2015/12/when-liberals-attack-social-science.html

I think I'm going to snag a copy of the book. And it's a pity that those who need to read it, won't.

Allene and ethics like this.
  2. Greg

Greg Full Member

One of the earlier disagreements between religion was about whether the Earth or the Sun was he center of the Universe. Now we all agree that even the Sun is just a unremarkable yellow dwarf in a backroads part of the Galaxy.

And our Galaxy is probably just another of myriad plebeian galaxies across the Universe. Makes you wonder if our Universe is just one of many...

But for sure (IMO) "Global Warming" is a religion.

3. Biker

Do you ever read the linked articles? It has nothing to do with Global Warming.

4. Greg

Greg Full Member

Please do me a favor and put me on ignore.

The topic is about liberals killing science and the GW religion is a good example of that.

5. Biker

My god. I'm a quarter of the way through the book and it's definitely an eye opener as to the tactics of those who refuse to accept scientific research and instead attempt to vilify those who attempt to rock their perfect little worlds.

I'll post more on this as I get through the book. This one just went to the top of my "Everyone should read this" list.

6. Biker

I finished this over the weekend. A few things I took away from this.

Social media and the Internet is a prime tactic for misinformation campaigns and spreading lies. And before people jump up and start pointing fingers, keep in mind that the book is taking aim directly at progressive activists who are totally blind to anything that may rock accepted dogma among them.

Because of the smear tactics and lies being spread via the Internet, fact base science and exchange of ideas is at serious risk of dying out. THIS is something everyone should be worried about.

Forget the government. They're just as complicit in this whole mess.

It may already be too late to correct this. As such, our Democracy stands on a precipice. And the view from there is not a nice one.

Copzilla and ethics like this.
  7. Greg

Greg Full Member

I agree that we are on the verge of losing it all, combining what's happening in many areas. Forget Islam, I think our country is being taken down from within. Or let's not forget Islam, we are so wide open to an attack on our infrastructure by asymmetric warfare from Islam. Even if that never happens, the Middle East is headed for a meltdown, maybe nuclear.

But we are in deep trouble at home even if we forget the outside world. I just don't understand liberals. From my POV what they want just won't work. They have this lofty view of some utopian world but they don't realize that their principles taken to the logical end would be totally dysfunctional. Meanwhile SCOTUS is rewriting the Constitution and POTUS is legislating from the Oval Office.

And one thing I just can't get through my head: why is the vast majority of MSM so liberal? They aren't just reporting slanted news, they have become advocates for liberalism. There is something seriously wrong with either them or me.

8. Biker

Oh my. Friend turned me on to this site.

Home

Just a quick glance indicates I'm going to be spending a LOT of time there. Whew!!

Allene likes this.
  9. Allene

Allene Registered User

Thanks for the link, Tom. I just finished reading
    "Professors moved left since 1990s, rest of country did not"

I'm coming back for more later!