1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Tesla “shot itself in the foot” by trying to hyper-automate its factory

Discussion in 'Economy' started by ethics, May 8, 2018.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

2. MemphisMark

MemphisMark Old School Conservative

Machines should work. People should think.

I've been shadow banned. I can't respond to posts other than to edit them, I can't create new posts and cannot do PMs. I guess I did something to piss the admins off?

Last edited: May 21, 2018 at 7:32 AM
  3. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

I'm glad that Musk saw the light:

I got way back in the line for a Model 3 to give them time to iron out the kinks. If they're still having issues when my number comes up, I'll opt out.

ethics likes this.
  4. ethics

Same boat here. I want to see charging stations as many as gas stations.

5. dsl987

dsl987 Member

I have a reservation for the Model 3 as well. At this point I doubt I'll actually order one, because while I love most things about the car, I am not a fan of the user interface. Additionally by the time my order is ready the $7,500 tax credit will be long gone.
    The good news is there will be a lot of new EV's and PHEVs to choose from in the next couple of years, plus my new house has solar and a 240V car charger, so it will be ready for whatever EV or PHEV I purchase.

PS: I think it's going to be a long time before autonomous driving really takes off. I'd be surprised if a car can drive itself on 95% of US roads in all weather conditions by 2030

6. ethics

Do me a favor, since you know your shit in this area, you would update us on what's coming down the pike. Also, the challenges and such?

Whew, here I thought I was the only one missing something because legislature alone would set this back 50 years. I don't even see it in 2030. Maybe 2060.