1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[How Do I] Mass Email?

Discussion in 'Bits & Bytes' started by ethics, Jan 7, 2003.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

For example. Forum is down, and I have a list of all of the members here. I want to tell them what's going on and why the site is down (hopefully that won't happen for a LONG time).

Question is this: How do I mass email without my email ending up in the BULK folder that many free email portals use?

2. Sir Joseph

Sir Joseph Registered User

Why not point the GA email to your server and then get a free email server with list support. Use the list as announce only. That's what I have, I use CommunigatePro and it's fairly easy.

If you want, I can host it on my server since there won't be any incoming mail only outgoing for announcements.

3. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Not even sure how that's done, SJ. I have unlimited email accts on my server, but how does, say, Yahoo distinguish mass emails and regular email.

In other words, when you reply to all, you get one "TO:" person and the rest are "CC:" Yahoo, and others determine the bulk email by having a certain # of CC's.

4. Sir Joseph

Sir Joseph Registered User

With my program, you can email one address. There is only one address in the to: field and none in the cc: field. You can't reply to all, as the list is restricted with regards to posting. Besides, ga.org will most likely not be in any lists at all.
    It could be that I'm not understanding you exactly, but just wait and someone more knowledgable will most likely be able to clear this up.

5. fritzmp

fritzmp Fire Fire For Effect

Blind Carbon Copy the BCC field

Used for mass mailing It will hide the list from the other recipients.

Is this what you are talking about.