1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How did I get a dollar?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Sharondippity, Nov 13, 2002.

1. Sharondippity

Sharondippity Sweetness and Light

And if the thumbs store is any indication of this site's economy, I should be on welfare! Bah I'm in the ghetto with my dollar!

2. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

Hey, I got four. How, I don't know.

But I did take pity and gave your post an approved rating, so now you have another clam, free of charge and with good wishes.

SM

3. bruzzes

bruzzes Truthslayer

I think you get one if you start a new thread, or if someone rates your post, 50 if you can bring your buddies from the "other site",
    50 on a delayed basis if you are chosen as the weekly EL Moderator, people can donate dollars to you etcetra. X amount if you win the monthly best post award...

I got my two bucks on being the most handsome male on the site.

4. Misu

Misu Hey, I saw that.

Now you have 3 bucks :)

and yah, the prices are a little....ouch. Do we need a job in here to afford stuff or what??? ;)

5. Techie2000

Techie2000 The crowd would sing:

I got $0 money and belive that all money should be redistributed equally among members...;)

You get none for starting topics, I started one and didn't get any.

6. Techie2000

Oh yeah, as I will show you it is just as easy to take the money back (don't worry I'll vote up another of your posts to give it back)

7. jamming

jamming Banned

Then maybe you can afford a real Operating System :angel:

8. Allene

Allene Registered User

Not to worry, Sharondippity, it means someone loves you! No, I didn't send it to you.

9. Sharondippity

Well this is fun now ain't it. I want to save up for that title buster in the thumbs store...

10. Robert Harris

Robert Harris Passed Away Aug. 19, 2006

I have been out of touch, or maybe I am just obtuse, but how does one go about rating a post? (And can one rate a post "This sucks"?)

11. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Hit the rate button. Either approve or disapprove.

12. btdude

btdude Veteran Member

LOL Alright, who's the wiss-ass who purchased the "glow" from the thumbs shop, already? Who's been doin the boss, so to speak? Nobody should have that many dollars, yet. (shrugs) What gives? LOL :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :huh: :huh:

13. Sharondippity

What the heck are you talking about???

14. btdude

btdude Veteran Member

Click on the thumbs store. scroll down to see how many folks have purchased the "products" LOL Follow along with the game, woman. LOL

15. Robert Harris

Damn. Never noticed that before. And I did look around. Maybe I need new glasses.

16. ethics

bt, that was me testing it before we went live. No one has it... ;)

17. btdude

btdude Veteran Member

ROFL Well, I was wondering, cuz I see nobody's avatar in a pleasantly pale green, or deep purple haze. But, at least now you know that people are reading the product line, huh?

18. ethics

Yep. You should have been a detective. :)

19. Techie2000

BTW Glow name doesn't work with Mozilla...:-/

At least Italic is cheaper...

20. Robert Harris

Hey Leon -- what to hell are the rules? This thread gives some info, but it would be nice to get definitive answers from the boss here. How on earth does one get money? I have 22 bucks now, a couple of hours ago I had 17.

I don't know where the 17 came from, or how it grew by 5, or what I have to do to become a millionaire. Please sir, the rules...

Thank you for your kind conssideration. :)