1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How appropriate is it...

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Misu, Jan 22, 2003.

1. Misu

Misu Hey, I saw that.

To email a former friend, by way of her mother's work email, that your mutual friend has passed?

I used to be friends with this girl, and for reasons that are still confusing to me, we parted ways. When my friend passed away this Saturday, it was hard on us. But then I realized that my friend was also a friend of hers, but I don't know if she yet knows about him, seeing as everytime she contacted him before, it was through me (through alf actually, since it was alf's childhood friend).

It is appropriate for me to contact her via her mom's email addy? It was the only one I could find on the web. I do have a phone number for her parents, but I feel weird calling them with this news....

2. Steve

Steve Is that it, then?

Do it. You may find she's confused on the reasons, too, and rekindle an old friendship.

Worst case? She sends something nasty back to you, but you still did the right thing.

On a practical note, though, perhaps you could use your spam account or some throwaway account to send the e-mail, just in case? But it's still the right thing to do.

My condolences, by the way...

3. Misu

Misu Hey, I saw that.

Thanks Steven, after I posted this, I sent the email through a yahoo email account. In that email, I gave her another email addy, another throwaway account, just in case.

If I rekindle an old friendship, great, though that wasn't my intent. I do miss her, she was a great friend. But I do think she should know about our friend.

Thanks, I just needed someone to tell me that it needed to be done.

4. Sharondippity

Sharondippity Sweetness and Light

Reaching out, forgiving, and caring for someone is always appropriate.

Form is not important to me. My opinion. Good luck.

5. Misu

Misu Hey, I saw that.

Man, she actually replied... My stomach is all twisty, I'm nervous. I replied back, with a lot of stuff I've been wanting to say to her (especially stuff I wanted to say to her after 911 and I couldn't find her email addy anywhere...)

She surprised me, though - She told me she had received Alf's email... Alf emailed her and told her about what happened. Alf didn't tell me because he wanted to make sure that it was really her before telling me he had found her email addy. Ironically, it's the same old email address she's always had, and for some reason I never thought of trying that one. I'm a retard.

6. Misu

Misu Hey, I saw that.

man.. I'm sitting here in shock...

guys, when i emailed her, I just wanted to do the right thing and tell her about our friend's passing... but, somehow, we've talked everything out, and we've both apologized (neither one remembers wtf we were so angery about!! lol) and we're starting our friendship again!

Turns out she lives about 2 miles from me... This is too weird. She bought a new house close to our house... WOW. hehe

Thanks everyone. I just thought I would share that I think I got my bestfriend back :)

7. Sharondippity

Sharondippity Sweetness and Light

Yahoo that is a great thing. See it's a gamble, making yourself vulnerable by reaching out, but the payoffs are tremendous. You rule!

8. mikepd

mikepd Veteran Member

Misu, that's great. It's really a small world after all.

9. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Amazing what communication does. :)

10. Misu

Misu Hey, I saw that.

UPDATE

Well it's confirmed - Misu didn't lose any babies :) I was never pregnant to begin with! The culprit of all my problems? MY OVARIES! Isn't that great!?!?! :)

I'm on a ton of meds now to control the PCOS, but I just thought I would let everyone know I did NOT have a miscarriage :)

11. immortal one

immortal one 501st Geronimo

Yes! Excellent news!

12. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

13. Robert Harris

Robert Harris Passed Away Aug. 19, 2006

Really glad to hear that. Now take care of yourself.

14. Wacko

Wacko Helllllooo Nurrrse

Man, glad to here that too Misu. Also glad that you found an old friend.