1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How about a big "ATTABOY" for a job well, well, you decide.

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by -Ken, Oct 26, 2002.

1. -Ken

-Ken Guest

You can believe that if you wish but if I had to guess,
    Kadafi has been insrtumental in every terrorist attack since.

We just taught him not to get caught.
    I fear him more than Saddam.

2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Qaddafi has been a non-player in terrorism since the US bombed the crap out of him and killed his daughter.

Qaddafi has been actually pro-Western and has been trying for years now to get on our good side.

I applaud you for taking a tough issue for you that actually is the best evidence of using force, but I am afraid that the only thing that you can cite as evidence that it hasn't worked, Ken, is your opinion, which I have to disagree with in light of what we have seen from Lybia's dictator.

3. pupowski

pupowski Banned

Do you have some evidence, or is that conjecture?

4. -Ken

-Ken Guest

Strictly conjecture pup.
    I find it have to believe anyone could forgive someone who killed their daughter.

Ethics,

Can we really believe this guy has turned Pro-American? This is the arch villan of
    President Reagan's term. If we believe a bombing turned this guy around and has
    him loving the Western way of doing things, I need to get hold of that Real Estate
    Agent who had that great deal on a bridge.

Now, it's my turn PUHLEEAZE

5. ethics

Perhaps you need someone else to answer the question of what the Arabs understand more, force, or humanitarian aid with peace gestures.

Ask Omar if you want, I am sure he won't disappoint me in his answer.

6. -Ken

-Ken Guest

Ethics,

I don't see this as an either/or type of thing.
    It will need to be a combination of both.

To use only force is to create more hatred.
    I don't believe we need any more hatred.

7. ethics

We are speaking in terms of terrorism, not attacking a country that is not supporting terrorism.

With terrorists, and those countries that state sponsor it like Lybia did, you need force, period.