1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Home sweet home

Discussion in 'MMORPG' started by Andy, Nov 4, 2007.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Great idea!

2. Stiofan

Stiofan Master Po

Ya, but you're 21 or 22 so a par lvl sig shouldn't be too bad for you.

I mentioned before that the rarest drops in the game are shards, specifically beryl shards, followed by adamant and ruby. Beryl shards usually get about 700s-1G in the AH but I think they made some changes in the latest bk update cause they seem to be more easy to find. I had 2 beryl and 3 adamant in my vault I had collected the entire time in the game, and the day before yesterday I was in one of the new areas and came across a named elite sig half-org, which was standing all by himself without any protection or adds. He was about lvl 43, 3.8K morale, and I took him down easily. He dropped a beryl shard. On my way back to the elf camp to turn in another quest I came across a Bullfrog. I don't even think he was named, just said large bullfrog or something like that, he was a 43 and also 3K, he had three small 500 morale frog adds with him. He dropped a Beryl shard too.

If this keeps up I expect the prices to fall in the AH, and the crafters of the highest end stuff to be very happy.

3. Stiofan

Stiofan Master Po

I have Hadili in the Kin now so my house chest is open to all kin members for storage or to take things as they need. Address is listed above somewhere.

Also I noticed they now allow you to mark individual neighborhoods as a favorite, so you don't need to see all neighborhood names when you enter a housing area. Pretty handy.

4. ethics

Another house bought in Turtledove. This one by Sparkly. I forgot the address but it's the deluxe with the windmill in the yard.

Anyway, the chests there will be used for the purple components stuff for professions. So if you need anything or want to put stuff in there, by all means. All guildies have all rights.

5. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

:lol:

You're turning into quite the Donald Trump of the Shire. :D

6. ethics

I am going to start buying out other good houses from other players so GA will OWN Turtledove!!! DON'T TRY TO STOP ME!!!!

:)

7. Elspeth

Elspeth Beware the Fire Dragon

Good gravey you people live in the boonies!!

Took me forever to find your area. Hopefully if I ever get to 15, and have the money there will be a little house open by then

8. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

There will always be open housing it seems, based on the system they setup.

No whether or not one will be open in our specific neighborhood is another matter.

Btw all, next time you stop by my house, check out what's on the old Victrola.

"Tom Bombadil's theme"

IMO one of THE best pieces of music ever in an MMO.

9. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

*Waves at Biker*

Heya neighbor, I see you moved in next door in Turtledown.

(*grumbles something under his breath about loud pipes and ale bottles strewn about the yard* :rofl: )

10. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

And by my count, that's 4 houses now someone in GA owns in Turtledown, we're well on our way to total neighborhood domination. :whistle:

I did a lap around the neighborhood last night testing out some video tweaks, and found a total of 9 (now 8 with Biker's move in, since I did see it for sale then) properties still available, however I think 4 of those are kin halls, all but one on the far side from the gate, my favorite/nominee when we do buy is still sitting for sale at 2 Chalk St right by the gate. :D

11. Stiofan

Stiofan Master Po

I was talking to Biker about that last night. Are you sure you want your extra Kinhouse port to be to the same place as your house port, it pretty much makes it worthless?

12. Elspeth

Elspeth Beware the Fire Dragon

ok its offical I need to be cloned with a second computer to play this. With moving back to Sarra I might actually be able to get a house someday. I have too many games and for some reason my work thinks I should have to work to get a pay check.

13. Stiofan

Stiofan Master Po

work = bad
    games = good

Who needs shelter and food?

14. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

We'd have to hammer that out with the details as we get there I guess. :)

Personally speaking, (on my main) as a Dwarf I have the option to go to Thorin's Hall already, I avoid it like the plague and don't even have that trait slotted, mainly because all the action tends to be in Bree where I'm mapped to anyways.

I can fast ride to Michel Devling from Bree and a 3 minute run home if and when my house cooldown is ticking off.
    The run from South Bree to Breeland homestead is WAY further than the run from Michel Devling to the Shire homestead. It's just pathetic they put the neighborhoods so far away from the main cities to begin with, but I digress...
    Unless they fix it, the Elven housing area as it is, is in the middle of bumfuck nowhere as far as fast travel, AH/Bank and other amenities.
    If they fixed these things wrong with owning in the Elven area, I'd have that on the top of my list merely on looks and coolness factor alone, but sadly it's at the bottom.
    For me as things are now, I prefer the quaintness of the Shire, it would mean easier access to all our housing chests too in one fast travel, as a Deluxe home owner I get a 20% discount there (vs 15% to Kin Hall placement, and no they don't stack) and having the ablility to go home twice an hour would be nice too. :D

I would have to say though as a second choice I would go with the Breeland housing over the current state of Elven housing and the Dwarven housing just makes me want to /wrists for some reason.

15. ethics

Btw, I have the funds for Kins house already, along with rent for the next year. :)

16. Stiofan

Stiofan Master Po

Friggin gold farmer. That would amount to over 31G. LOL

I have enough for the house too (but not the 15g+ for annual rent), so we should be fine, no need for anyone to have to take all the burden.

I have Thorins slotted, I do all my crafting and AH there, and from there I can fast travel to both Michael Delving or Bree for only 1s. I will warn you all that you will need your regular map port for Angmar, it's very large, very dangerous (you will get one-shotted off your horse every 2 minutes or so up there) and there is only one stable, at the first southern most town. There are no other stables up there, (maybe it will change in Bk 12, we says hopefully) and you'll have to set your regular port to places like Gath Forthnir and Gabilshatur or you'll never get anything done up there. This also applies to North Pass and Gobin Town, or really anything around Rivendale and in the Mistys.

From my perspective, a Kin house in MD is fine, I have my house port in Bree, my racial port in Thorins (which also comes in handy for doing your dwarf legendary stuff at lvl45+) my regular map port which I can change and is currently at Gath Forthnir so I can get to CD and Uru.

Having a Kinhouse in Shire is a plus for me. I almost bought a small house in Turtledove last night, trading in my bree house. Then I got to thinking about it, I'd lose my Bree port and have two to the shire. Not sure I want to do that.

I will say most of the larger Kins have their house in the Elf area, I guess because most members don't!

I just want you guys to be aware of the ramifications. We've got plenty of time anyway. I will let you guys decide when the time comes, I can go with the flow fairly easy on this one. (If you want Bree, let me know so I can buy a house in Shire soon!!!).

Of course none of this applies to Biker's main, and I think we should officially request his hunter's port be nerfed. ;)

17. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

LOL! Yeah, I really wanted to purchase a house in the Elf area. I think they're much nicer, but man, they're SO out of the way.

18. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I just stopped in to Biker's house, you've already got quite the collection of furnishing, nice!

If you need something wood-like crafted, stop by my house and see if it's anything that Eringlade can make that's in the showroom, I'll knock it out for ya. He can do most all of the bookshelves flavors and a table or two.

Stilgaard can make rugs too, so if you know of one you like the look of, let me know that too.

One thing though I think I noticed, (and good advice to all anyways) if you haven't already, remember to turn on permissions for Kin to pay your rent... "just in case" down the road. ;)

19. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Not wild about the hobbit shelves, and am thinking of swapping them out with Elven shelves. What do you need for wood? Got a ton of it.

20. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I'll have to look later on at the mats, you mean the tall red elven bookshelves right?

Those are my fave too, I have like 4 or 5 of them in my house :)