1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Home sweet home

Discussion in 'MMORPG' started by Andy, Nov 4, 2007.

1. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Permissions updated, all Kin have access to my house storage, decorating, etc.

Leon, get Melodonia there whenever you can and check out the storage in the Den, there's gems and patterns, take what you need, leave the rest for Els if she is doing Jewelry too.

Also a few metalworking/ weaponsmith patterns if anyone is interested.

Picnic table and bench in place (Please don't feed the bears)

Chandelier hung.

New music on the lo-fi.

2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Forgot to tell them about music. That should cover it. :)

3. Stiofan

Stiofan Master Po

Couple things for Tom and Els, remember to look one of our toons up in game, we will get you into the kin and everyone from GA will get officer status, not that you can do much with it now except recruit others. If you want alts in thats fine too, as regular members. No log in requirements, anyone needs to take time off, they won't be booted.

Our toons with officer status now are Dunk, Melodonia, Stilgaard and Ardorman. Anyone of these can invite you, and as soon as you in we'll promote.

----------------------

A bit about the classes. I wish I knew some of this earlier, but with age (in game) comes wisdom. Most of this is can be found on the forums, but it generally jives with my experiences, so here goes.

Hunters, the most popular class, and according to the forums the most hated. I suspect because they are one of two classes with the most DPS and they get it by ranging (jealousy?). This means they draw tons of aggro from the tanks, or aggro mobs they shouldn't when played by noobs. But we all have hunter alts and they are so fun to play.... As a class they got nerfed last update and there is alot of bitching about it, but my alt isn't high enough so I don't know what it's about. Anyway, they also can transport fellowship members to camps all over the world so they are know as taxis, makes them very valuable. Main DPS class/main ranged support

Champions, second main DPS class, a bit higher than hunters, they are also the only class besides Guards to get to wear heavy armor, so they can off tank when need be. Most dont know how though, always wanting to kill. Also draw tons of aggro, some get mad at them as well, for not playing their class right. With out a Champ or Hunter in your group, forget about killing anything elite.
    MainDPS/off tank

Burglars, main utility players, the devs call them the most balanced class, DPS is not bad at higher levels, great pullers and second best CC (crowd control) class. Lot's of debuff skills. Also start the majority of the fellowship manuver attacks, so extremely helpful in grouping elites and so forth. Good solo class with their stealth abilities. Main FM/secondary cc/secondary DPS

Captains, fellowship leaders, they have decent DPS, but no ranged ability. they are the main buff support for fellowships. Their buffs increase the abilities of the entire group to survive elite quests. They get a herald, kind of like a page, which follows them around and adds a second means of DPS. They can group heal others. If no Minstrel is available, you better make sure you have a good Captain in the group. Main Buffing/SecondaryDPS

Lore-masters, they are the wizard class, kind of wizard lite, they get a pet to add DPS and draw aggro off of them. They can single heal others, they are known as batteries as they are the only ones who can give power boosts to the Mins. They are the main debuffers, and can lower the ability of mobs to function against the group. At higher levels they are almost a requirement. good DPS. Main CC/secondary DPS

Minstrels, the most beloved class in the game for obvious reasons. Nothing at fellowship levels happens without them healing the group. They have the most group heal, and pretty devastating DPS as will. The group will be only as good as their minstrels. Some, with their recently new DPS improvements in BK 11, have taken to calling themselves "Battle Mins" and charging into the fight. Obviously this doesn't go over too well in some groups who are not getting the heals. Probably the best solo class in the game however, they can stay alive and they can kill, although it takes a bit longer than the main dps classes. Main heal

Guardians, the main tank. Worse DPS in the game, a Champ killing something with one stroke takes me about twelve. Best armor, best defensive buffs, has group and indiviual protection buffs, most morale. A good solo class, but it takes forever to kill. But nothing at your level or even a a bit above, can kill you. My morale is around 3,200 and I can buff it up to about 4,000 and a Captain can get it up to about 4,500. Most other classes max out at 2,500 or so. I've tanked a 52,000 troll and won, with plenty of DPS classes at his back along with a terrific Min. I could never have killed it by myself though. I routinely take on 4-5 mobs at a time and win solo. Takes forever though. We are supposed to get a DPS upgrade in Bk 12 for our two handed weapon at cost of defensive strength, when it's toggled. Main tank/secondary FM class

LOL, maybe this is too much info, but from my perspective, every class is very valuable and all have their unique rolls to play.

4. Stiofan

Stiofan Master Po

I get tons of purple recipe drops when fighting in the upper lvl areas, I've ben dumping them on the AH for money but will start adding them to the chests when I can. Also, if anyone comes across a named elite and gets a shard drop, beryl, adamant, ruby or shaphire, dont' sell it. It's the most rare and pricey drop in the game and all the highest lvl crafted gear requires them to make.

5. Elspeth

Elspeth Beware the Fire Dragon

Thank you Stiofn!! Thank is great. I was leaning towards hunters, but I might end up with a Champion. That is what I play in WoW (dps warrior or what I call rogue in plate). Of course now I need to think about my profession again but how knows :)

Ever game as a learning curve, that is why you have alts :) of course for some of us that is an addiction:D

6. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Downloaded, installed... Patches installing as I type... Will post new toon shortly... :D

7. Stiofan

Stiofan Master Po

Cool, remember tomorrow morning there will be another patch too to fix the glitches after that last update.

My main is not in the Kin, I'm an officer in another larger Kin. I may want to switch him over soon as we're growing! Woot!

8. Stiofan

Stiofan Master Po

My little house, with Dunk the LM taking it all in. It's right next to the front gate so I can get to it quick. I have my Dwarf statue "The Protector" out front in honor of the owner, Hadili. Goblin statue on the right.

1 Long Street, Ramsward, Bree.

9. ethics

Humans have the 2nd most purdy place. Some will dispute that the Elves do but...

10. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I really like that brick floor pattern in the human house, I'ma have to go get it, I tried out the Hobbit tile floor, looks like a busy checkerboard. :D

Got my walls a nice violet color now, very nice.

11. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

One thing I've noticed is the communities are gated and they aren't very friendly. Won't even let you in to browse! :lol:

12. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Go back to the homestead seller right before each gate and browse there.

Select a neighborhood with a standard home for sale, pick a random house and choose "visit"

Or at the Shire gate, just select Turtledown and enter to get to our houses.

13. Frodo Lives

Frodo Lives to hit it!

:haha:

14. Stiofan

Stiofan Master Po

Tried to dump some stuff off in Andy's house I made and farmed with Hadili and couldn't get in. Remembered he's not in the Kin. Could you add him to the permission list. Some weapons and purple recipes some of you might be able to use. The rest can be sold, weapons at vendor, recipes on AH.

15. ethics

I'll give you permissions as well, guys. My house is right below Andy's (4 Wending). :)

16. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

:doh:

Fixed.

17. Stiofan

Stiofan Master Po

Couldn't get into yours with Hadili, had a spare small yard tree I was going to give ya. Put it in Andy's bedroom chest if you want it.

18. ethics

I wasn't even on. Got home a little while ago.

19. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

:rofl:

I saw the tree and immediately put it in his yard..

:lol:

20. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I took the risk last night and went to take care of bizness solo with the woodworking II quest.

The lvl 20 signature mob (once I tracked him down) was a complete pushover. :lol:

Long story short, I can now craft this scholar's bookshelf and this one too.

The red one is unbelievably sweet looking in person, I got 4 of them in my house now, and working on a few more. :D

Mats needed, 4 treated yew and 1 cloth bound journal per shelf.

I had a thought last night, and posted a suggestion in the forums, I'd love to see craftable grandfather clocks for narrow furniture spots and coo coo clocks for small wall spots.