1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hiring Muslims (Was "Well, I'll Be Damned!")

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by IamZed, Jan 11, 2003.

1. IamZed

IamZed ...

I bore even myself by being the harbinger of sadness on these issues. I will hire once again on Monday. I intend to hire a man of Islamic faith. He is cheep. Worked for me before. I wont let this thing turn into a race hate issue. It will become uncomfortable for all Moslems. So it is time to play Schindler. And I will.

Split Off from "Well, I'll Be Damned!" Thread in Asia Forum

2. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

:huh: OK... :huh:

SM

3. IamZed

IamZed ...

He will work for me thru the war, whatever happens. I like him.

4. Sir Joseph

Sir Joseph Registered User

That's the same as being like Schindler or Sugihara??

5. Sierra Mike

That's great. Is he an American?

SM

6. Sierra Mike

:haha:

I'd wondered if there was any salient connection between them and Zed's stated goal, myself.

SM

7. IamZed

IamZed ...

This guy was born in Egypt. We took him to a pig roast. It was funny. He got sick from eating the corn that had been cooked along with the pork. I have had fake muslems work for me (black) and I never felt the same about them. This man was working for me on 9/11. He is of the religion of our enemy, but he will never be anything but an appellate to our state.
    Good man, doesnt need some job where he will see the immediate ugliness of the war. We will hide in our engineering hidey house for the duration.
    I got a guy a $30,000 raise today so I feel tall. He will leave me to become my own client. I need to replace him on Monday. Abdul was a hell of a good worker and was concerned about being part of that we are beginning to hate long before 9/11.

8. Sierra Mike

Black Muslims are fake? You're entering into perilous territory here...Muslims from the ME claim African and Southeast Asian Muslims are "low Muslims"...in other words, not real Muslims because of their race and/or regional origins.

At the risk of having this split off, you buy into this?

And my question about whether the guy is American or not is that I would be adverse to hiring someone on an H-1B status when there are plenty of qualified Americans available.

SM

9. Sierra Mike

Never mind...took the initiative and rolled it myself. As you were.

SM

10. IamZed

IamZed ...

No, I dont buy into the concept that religion is genetic. I have only little personal experience with American blacks that have become Muslims. Those that I have seem as if it was a recent thing.
    I ride my bike across town to see my friend. I always pass the local (what, church? Temple? I dont know) and notice that it is small. All of my workers of that faith attended the same whatever.
    I think in the days to come I will go out of my way to see that place has some money. We thought it was cool to have Muslim people in the crowd at 9/11.

11. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Zed,

I am a little puzzled.

If I were to attain an understanding for your issue in this thread, it would appear to me that you think Americans are not hiring Muslims because of their religion?

I've worked, still work, and will probably always work with Muslims before and after 9.11.01. My first friend in America was Omar, we both lived among Jews and other Muslims.

In adulthood, I've worked for Cantor Fitzgerald which lost almost all of their employees. Guess how many were friends and how many of them were Muslims.

I am not sure how the rest of America works, but here in New York City, we do not care what Gods, if any, you may pray to and the political discourses are just that, never getting physical or back-stabbing, and certainly would not apply to block someone out of a livelihood.

12. Scott

Scott Some Assembly Required

i'm not quite sure that i'm reading this post deep enough, but it sounds to me like you're "iffy" about muslims?

i work with two guys that came here from lebanon. one is muslim, and the other (his nephew), from what i've seen doesn't practice any religion.

just because they are from Lebanon doesn't make these guys any less american in my eye. they came here to work, and enjoy the freedoms of the USA. i have spent numerous hours talking to them both, and we have become pretty good friends. as a matter of fact, they completely condemn the idea of terrorism.

13. IamZed

IamZed ...

And in the New York statement you say it all. There are some ugly scary simple minded people around here. Soon it will be time to hunker down with those you love or wish to protect. The world is actually quite a cruel MOFO. I have to hire someone Monday regardless of who they are. An inelegant warm body will do. I truly did like the time he worked for me. I want to do something that speaks of something.
    Either that or I will hire the electrician that has controls desires. He would do as well.
    These things roll in my head. I love this job.