1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hillary already killing her Presidential Hopes

Discussion in 'Society and Culture' started by ethics, Jun 10, 2014.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Very innocuous article at face value until you hit this:

In her first live interview of the book tour, Clinton slightly clarified her "dead broke" comments, telling Robin Roberts on ABC's "Good Morning America" on Tuesday that while she understands the reaction to her comments, she also remembers how the Clintons were "something like $12 million in debt" when they left the White House.

"Let me just clarify that I fully appreciate how hard life is for so many Americans today. It is an issue that I have worked on and cared about my entire adult life," said Clinton, who later noted that getting out of post-White House debt "was something that we really had to work hard."

Clinton also cast herself as someone who understands what many Americans are going through because she and Bill Clinton had to support themselves at a young age and pay their way through college.

"We understand what that struggle was because we had student debts, both of us, we had to pay off, we had to work," Clinton said. "We have a life experience that is clearly different in very dramatic ways from many Americans, but we also have gone through some of the same challenges as many people have."

================
    First comment on that article:

We were broke. Then we just asked for money from all of our donors. Now we own houses in the most expensive ZIP Codes in America. Yeah, I know how the middle class feels.

The replies are hilarious.

2. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

And of course all presidential hopefuls have to write a book and promote it before officially starting their campaign. Clinton's book is called Hard Choices, and the promotional interviews might wind up hurting more than helping. Diane Sawyer put on her professional journalism hat and buried her:

Excerpts from WaPo blog article:

3. ethics

I just watched that. The word"destroyed" is very proper here.

4. Allene

Allene Registered User

This should be in the Tranquility section. It's such good news! ;)

5. ethics

Then there's this:

In an interview during a media tour to promote her latest memoir, Hillary Clinton acknowledged that she kept extensive notes during the attack on the American consulate in Benghazi but said that she won’t turn them over to congressional investigators if asked.

Aren’t her State Department notes public documents? Aren’t there laws about turning over such things?

“Did you keep a diary during your time?” NBC News’ Cynthia McFadden asked Clinton in an interview on Tuesday. “I kept a lot of notes,” said Clinton.

“If the committee wants your notes, would you turn those over?”

“They can read it in the book,” said Clinton, referencing her book “Hard Choices" …

“Let’s see whether this is on the level or not because that really matters to me. I don’t want to be part of something which, in any way, politicizes or demeans the sacrifice that we saw happen there.” …

How can finding out the truth about the attack demean anyone?

http://dailycaller.com/2014/06/10/hillary-says-she-wont-turn-over-benghazi-notes/

6. Allene

Allene Registered User

Well, it's very clear that if she gets elected, she'll be joining Obama on the list of American leaders who think they're above the law.

7. ethics

Yep, White House is citing her Iraq War experience as her Foreign Affairs accomplishment:

President Obama’s spokesman struggled a bit when asked to identify foreign-policy achievements that former secretary of state Hillary Clinton played a role in accomplishing, first panning the question as a “pop quiz” and then settling on an answer that highlights work in Iraq, even as an al-Qaeda splinter group, the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria, has invaded the country’s second largest city.

“It feels a little like a pop quiz, but I’ve got a couple ideas,” White House deputy press secretary Josh Earnest said when asked to name the accomplishments, before saying that Obama and Clinton succeeded in “ending the war in Iraq [and] responsibly winding down the war in Afghanistan.” He also cited ”the success of our efforts to dismantle and destroy al-Qaeda core.”

http://www.nationalreview.com/corne...aming-foreign-policy-achievements-joel-gehrke

8. ethics