1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey! First Results Are In!

Discussion in 'Bits & Bytes' started by ethics, Jul 12, 2007.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Thats fine, whatever people can, that's all there is. It's about the team and what we are doing to help find a cure, a real cure. That's the most important thing here.

2. Stonehawk

Stonehawk AKA Jerry

Started it up this morning....woot...and stuff :)

Jerry

3. Brazbit

Brazbit Nah... It can't be.

I notice you are getting significantly more points per WU than anyone else. Apparently Mac users qualify for pity points or something? Some sort of minority rights thing or something?

BTW is anyone else getting pissed by the site saying The Folding@Home stats system is performing an update. Please try back in about 15 minutes. seemingly every time a link is clicked.

4. Fiona

Fiona Veteran Member

it only happens to me about once a day... so no, it isn't annoying yet. What's annoying is how long it takes to update in general ;) I'm at 3 and it still says one! Where's my lollipop! ;)

5. cmhbob

cmhbob Did...did I do that? Staff Member

I think they run updates 3-4 times a day. Quit being a point whore. :)

6. Fiona

Fiona Veteran Member

:rofl:

Hey- whore's take what they can get.

Oh , you meant him! Well, still stands ;)

:p Anyhow... did you look at that log? I still can't figure why it's taking days to transmit my stats to the pages.

7. cmhbob

cmhbob Did...did I do that? Staff Member

I don't know either. I posted it to the F@H help forums, and no response yet....

8. Plunge

Plunge Passed Away July 20, 2007

Ha! It's because my one unit is a ultra complex piece of protein that my mac grabs by the nutsack and OWNS it!

Actually, I just left it at the basic settings and I keep getting pieces that take about 72 hours to complete.

9. Plunge

Plunge Passed Away July 20, 2007

I'm kicking complete ass on my next piece. It is due the 23rd, but I'm already 45% through it. Downloaded it at 5:12 AM on the 19th.

I'm enjoying this, just wish it game more information on what my little piece is actually doing. All I get is a name, Protein in POPC, is what I'm working on now. Doesn't tell me much.

10. ethics

Look who is back on top, Biatch.

11. Fiona

Fiona Veteran Member

ShinyTop!!! :happy:

;)

12. ethics

I think Tadlock is gonna be on top soon and stay there.

13. Steve

Steve Is that it, then?

Slow and steady wins the race ;)

14. Steve

Steve Is that it, then?

Interesting phenomenon, I installed the client as a service on my new laptop and immediately after it began processing steps, the fan kicked on high speed. Task Manager reveals the service taking exactly 50% of the processor. Looks like the Dual Core technology really does allocate system resources and services to one-half the chip!

15. Stiofan

Stiofan Master Po

So can you run two instances of it, maybe using two separate installs?

16. Steve

Steve Is that it, then?

Good question! I don't know. From what I ended up reading about the Dual Core technology, it just shifts the OS functions and services to one dedicated half of the processor and leaves the other half for apps. Maybe if it was installed as a service in one instance and a gui app as another?

17. MNeedham73

MNeedham73 Well-Known Member

18. Steve

Steve Is that it, then?

Very nice, everyone! Only 16 days after starting the team, we've got 28 active CPU's and 16 members. That's nearly two CPU's per member. Great job!

19. ethics

Yep! It matters not who is at top, what matters is the team! Way to go!

20. Piobaireachd

Piobaireachd Full Member

Plunge's machine must still running. He finished another WU last night. :) :(