1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey! First Results Are In!

Discussion in 'Bits & Bytes' started by ethics, Jul 12, 2007.

1. Brazbit

Brazbit Nah... It can't be.

If the work units were quick & easy they wouldn't need to distribute the processing. ;)

2. Fiona

Fiona Veteran Member

Yeah, I've done all that. I've completed 1. Another should be done tonight. But user stats on the right click are empty, and I'm not linked on the team page either. :( Can't figure why.
    connection settings? queue? it's using 02 for some reason... *scratches head

3. Fiona

Fiona Veteran Member

Right. I have one of those too! It will be done tonight. It's DUE in September.

4. cmhbob

cmhbob Did...did I do that? Staff Member

ON tha tright-click control panel, with the buttons to look at stats, are your name and team number there?

5. Fiona

Fiona Veteran Member

yep

maybe it's somethin on connection tab?

first nothing was checked... so then i check IE. next day I checked proxy... now what?

6. cmhbob

Well, if you got a new work unit, you should be connecting OK, so that doesn't make sense. I'm going to browse around the forums over there after I get the kids to bed...

7. Fiona

Fiona Veteran Member

okay-- I tried all I can think of. Thanks for helping. I want GA to get the stats man! :thumbsup:

8. cmhbob

One other thing:
    Do a right-click on the F@H display, and select "About," then click on "View Log File." Search that file for "User name:" and "User ID:" The first should be "FionaCampbell" and the second should be an about 16 character string. Let me know what those fields say, if you would.

9. Fiona

Fiona Veteran Member

I'm not home now.. but I did view the log.. and it seemed fine... but I noticed I'm on the stat page now... though it hasn't refreshed to show I've completed 2, not 1. It must just take time to get up there. WEIRD.

10. cmhbob

Well, it seems to be working, so that's good.

Just for giggles, email me your log file when you get home, please. I might post it to the F@H support forum and see if they see anything they need to worry about.

11. Fiona

Fiona Veteran Member

okey doke... was wondering if that would help.

12. Steve

Steve Is that it, then?

Added two more servers, today :)

13. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Nice! I still don't know who Baesen is and they are #1 now.

14. Steve

Steve Is that it, then?

I'm guessing it's some random person who mis-typed the team number they entered :)

15. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

LOL! It's Justin!

16. MNeedham73

MNeedham73 Well-Known Member

Thanks Leon. I just about spit coffee over that one LOL

17. Fiona

Fiona Veteran Member

LMMFAO! :rofl:

18. Plunge

Plunge Passed Away July 20, 2007

I'm Baesen, too many Plunge's.

I just left it running while I was gone.

Yes, a ONE processor Mac is kicking butt over you multiprocessor weenies!

19. Fiona

Fiona Veteran Member

I'm only using one :p but it's on all the time... just wait till my stats update ... :)

(of course I'm kidding. I don't give a rat's ass about any status. I'm glad to be able to help.)

20. Stiofan

Stiofan Master Po

My HP took a crap when it tried to update, maybe my firewall stopped it, I don't know. I have a lot of maintainance set up to go off each night on my machines and I know it will take a hit on my results but I can't do much about it, business is still a priority. I haven't put it on my laptop because I don't want to leave that running 24/7.