1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey! First Results Are In!

Discussion in 'Bits & Bytes' started by ethics, Jul 12, 2007.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

2. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

I'm at 86% with the first WU. I'd have thought that with the linux client, it would be more effecient. Guess not. Let's see what happens when my first WU is uploaded.

3. ethics

How can you tell what % is done?

4. ethics

Btw we are 28877 of 73038 in place. Watch how fast we climb. ;)

5. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Look for a file called unitinfo.txt. It has the latest info on the WU you're crunching.

6. ethics

Hey I am in first!!! How did that happen? ;)

7. ethics

<table align="center" bgcolor="#dcdcdc" border="0" width="580"><tbody><tr><td>
    </td> <td align="left"> 22908 of 73084</td></tr></tbody></table>

8. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

Is it possible that you won't show up on this list until you've turned in one completed work unit? I ain't showin' up. :huh:

9. Steve

Steve Is that it, then?

That's correct, Jim. Give it time....

10. Brazbit

Brazbit Nah... It can't be.

Yeah it figures. My laptop was given a maximum size WU. The laptop is comparatively slow and only on a fraction of the time. :banghead:

11. Fiona

Fiona Veteran Member

Mine is supposed to be complete sometime tonight... and my screen also shows me what percentage I'm at... :blank:

12. ethics

Where does it show that?

13. Fiona

Fiona Veteran Member

well I don't have it in front of me so I don't know which configuration I have, but it's at the bottom left of the screen. I have my name, our team number, the name of the "thingy"
    How many thingies I've completed, what progress is being made currently, what time the whole "thingie" should be done and then overall percentage of completion. all this on the left side of the screen. It's just the main screen that shows if I click on the icon. :blank:

14. Plunge

Plunge Passed Away July 20, 2007

WOW! They just released a new beta for Intel based Macs. So, I deleted what I was using (PPC based) and installed the new one. 4% done in an hour. I'll take that!

15. Stiofan

Stiofan Master Po

I installed it on my HP XP (AMD 1.2) and Dell W2K (P4 1.6) desktops within five minutes of each other. They both downloaded the same WU, and started working with in 3 minutes of each other. The AMD is 32% done, and the Intel is only 8% done.

For monitoring I recommend FahMon. Easy to setup and monitors multiple boxes on a network.

16. ethics

Oh, nice! Thanks!

17. ethics

Wow, look at Mike go!

18. MNeedham73

MNeedham73 Well-Known Member

:D

I just got some big WU's this time though...even running on both cores of my desktop at 100% CPU, the one I just got isn't due to finish until Monday.

19. ethics

Looks like Stio is on board!

20. Fiona

Fiona Veteran Member

I wonder if I did sumpin wrong, or if it updates slowly? Cause I finished my first one early yesterday... yet it doesn't show... checked team number and stuff. it links me to same page...
    hmmmmm