1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey Andrey, this is embarassing...

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by ethics, Apr 4, 2018.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Like how does this happen in your country after spending so much money?

2. Frodo Lives

Frodo Lives Luke, I am NOT your father!

Wow, even drones can go postal. :doh1-37:

ethics likes this.
  3. Arc

Arc Full Member

It's probably not a coincidence that if you watch a YouTube video of things like crazy people, crazy or bizarre accidents, (especially motor vehicles), or hilarious fails, about half of the incidents shown are filmed in Russia, (by Russians.)

4. cmhbob

cmhbob Did...did I do that? Staff Member

I wonder how many people are going to disappear over that?

Or do they still do that?

5. ethics

Bud dum tishhhhhhhhhhhh

Because Russia doesn't manufacture anything of quality. Ever worked on a Volga (their best home made car for the masses)? It's a nightmare. My dad showed me the examples from two Volgas, of the same mark and year and having completely different size screws under the "kapot" (hood). The backlash, the serious swarm you see from nationalist is the fact that they KNOW their product sucks, they don't export anything except propaganda, and they want to compete with the world. Puh-lease.

Nah, people WILL lose their jobs though and will probably not get hired anywhere in the same capacity -- which is almost the same thing when it comes to someone's well being.

Allene likes this.
  6. Allene

Allene Registered User

Sounds like they make Volgas the way they make jeans these days! (I mentioned that in thread about "made in America."

ethics likes this.
  7. ethics

8. Susan Addams

Susan Addams Unregistered User

Hey Leon, I once heard a story about a Russian car that would double in value if you filled up the gas tank!!! :rolf-53:

Frodo Lives, ethics and Allene like this.
  9. cmhbob

cmhbob Did...did I do that? Staff Member

Back in 82 when my dad and I visited E Germany, we rode with our cousins in their Wartburg. Thing sounded like a lawnmower engine on helium and ran about as well too.

10. Susan Addams

Must have been fusion powered. Helium is an inert gas. However very popular with H-bombs.

11. BigDeputyDog

BigDeputyDog Straight Shootin Admin Staff Member

I always thought that the "H" in H-bombs referred to the fusion of isotopes of Hydrogen.
    Must have been wrong all of these years...

ethics and Arc like this.
  12. Susan Addams

No BDD, I know fuck-all about nuclear physics. My education is in Eng. Lit. and Psych. Whatever else I picked up was accidental.

I think you are right. There is something about H + H ==> He2 + release of energy due to the bonding state of He2 being lower energy. When you "fuse" two hydrogen atoms to combine into one He2 atom the binding energy is less so the excess is released as excess thermal energy.

I'm no expert in nuclear physics but I think I have the Cliff notes.

Upon revising this post I realize I have the words all wrong. I'm writing chemical formulas not nuclear physics atomic transformations.

Yeah I am familiar with subject but my degrees are in Eng Lit and Psych. No nuclear science here except maybe dating Physics guys who I discussed the subject with.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2018
  13. Arc

Arc Full Member

You, of course, have it. The heat from the initial atomic bomb detonator triggered fission reaction heats hydrogen atoms causing the rapid increasing fusion reaction. Nuclear to thermonuclear in less time than...

14. Susan Addams

LOL, Arc, at least I had it part right. I'm not a dumb blonde although I might be a dumb brunette... But I get nuclear physics at least at the basic level.