1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with possible avatar please?

Discussion in 'Bits & Bytes' started by Scott, Dec 6, 2002.

1. Scott

Scott Some Assembly Required

i was wondering if someone could make this pic spin, and resize it to avatar size. i can't do it :cry:

thanks
    Sc0tt

2. Scott

damn----i forgot the picture :) LOL

3. Scott

or if this is better suited for avatar size.......

4. Sunriser13

Sunriser13 Knee Deep in Paradise

See if this is what you want, Scott:

5. Scott

that's very close to what i want :). it kinda looks like it's going one way, then stopping and going back the other though. is there a way to make it look like it's spinning in one direction smoothly?

6. jfcjrus

jfcjrus Veteran Member

Wow!
    Not that my opinion reflects what Scott may think, but, from reading the origional request - to the finished product; I was amazed. Perfect.

You 'graphic' folks are something else.

I need to find time to start playing with this stuff. It looks like fun. But, I suppose one needs some semblance of artistic talent to do it well.

Anyway, IMHO, nice job Sunriser.

Regards.

edit - typed too slow, my poor old eyes can't see what Scott noticed, sorry.

7. Scott

i just wanted to say thanks to you sunriser. i didn't mean to dis your work at all----it is great!!!! you get $50 for doing such a good job :).

8. Sunriser13

Scott, I don't take it as a "dis" at all. What is it that you're after, though? Is it the slight stop you don't like, or is it the mirror image on the turn?

And thank you, by the way, but you really didn't have to - I just enjoy helping if I can... :)

9. Meteor Dive

Meteor Dive Registered User

I think was asking to have the little image spin with perspective.

Like all these kind of spins, they are hard.

This one took me about 3 hours to get the positioning and timing right. And what took most of the time was just deforming the image. I had to do that for every single layer!

Was this what you wanted Scott?

10. Meteor Dive

As you can see, with the use of the deformation tool I can give the image depth to represent the attribute.

This was a time killer. It's been a while since I spinned an image around.

11. Meteor Dive

Hahaha! Wanna see my initial attempt? It was horrible. Take a look below :) I had to go back and forth, watching between layers and frames to see where I should drag the nodes to smooth out the animation as possible :)

Anyhow, perhaps I'll toy with later to get down to avatar size.

BTW, I'm newbie here so what are the requirements for avatars, both static and animated?

12. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Just size has to be 50X50.

I am very impressed btw, with that work.

13. Meteor Dive

No file size limit? :)

14. BigDeputyDog

BigDeputyDog Straight Shootin Admin Staff Member

I am often in awe of Meteor Dive's work... He is a very talented young man who "plays" with graphics when he is not attending classes or studying... :)

My hat is off to you, Meteor Dive!! :thumbsup:

BDD... :{)

Oh... by the way... he's a "boner" too... rofl

15. Sunriser13

OK, working with Meteor Dive's perspective version, I have two more for you to choose from. Here is the "stretched" one, closer to your original shape:

*edited to change canvas size to 50x50*

16. Sunriser13

... and here is one that was resized to 50x50, which changes it closer to what I did the first time, without the "stop":

By the way, either one of these can be reworked to have a transparent background...

17. Meteor Dive

Ah shucks BDD :):)

Thank you for sizing it down Sun :)

So, there's no file size limit with the avatars here huh? Cool :) This particular animation can go up to 20K if it's just shrunkened :)

18. Scott

awesome!!!! that's the one :). exactly as i envisioned it.

19. Scott

hey Meteor Dive and Sunriser13----what programs did you use?

20. Sunriser13

Ummmm, "shrunkened", MD?? "Shrunkened"? LOLOL!! I need a new dictionary, apparently... teeheehee!! :haha: (Don't worry, everybody, MD and I are close - he knows I'm not making fun at his expense. <small>Well, OK, maybe I am, but he understands...</small> ;) )

Scott, if you want a transparent background rather than the white one, we can do that. Just let us know... ;)

I used PSP7 and Animation Shop; I think MD uses it, too, but he's pretty familiar with Adobe Photoshop as well...