1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help me with a Tatt...

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by ethics, Feb 16, 2008.

1. Kluge

Kluge Observing your world for over 50 years

My dad had a seahorse on his arm. When somebody asked what it meant, he said it was to get into Jones Beach for free (it had a seahorse theme, too).

A friend of his was a prosecutor... he had chains on both wrists.

I haven't had any tattoo, various good reasons, one of my favorites being that they might be things you see on other people when you're drunk. Sort of like The Illustrated Man : Those aren't tattoos! They are Skin Illustrations!

A guy I was working for a few years ago was asked to weld a replica of the gate at Auschwitz saying 'Arbeit Macht Frei' or Work Will Set You Free. An anti-theme for the Biker Freedom crowd, maybe, maybe not. Another similar saying is 'Work is its own reward' and it seems like every time I go the extra mile to do a good job, suddenly another extra mile is needed or appears ahead. Just thoughts, anyway.

I see temporary tattoos for kids being sold at the 7-11. Why can't somebody whip up something for ink jet printers that lets you make your own design, print it up, slap it on for the weekend, wash it off for work on monday? I don't believe in permanent tats ever since I worked with a Viet Nam Vet whose girlfriend had Dear John'd him after he had her name emblazoned on his arm. He had it covered over with a giant heart and ribbon with 'Mother' on it.

2. Brazbit

Brazbit Nah... It can't be.

3. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Leon, I found the perfect tat for you! :D

4. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

You meant Stanley.

5. Swamp Fox

Swamp Fox Veteran Member

Since when have I been associated with tatoos?

6. Coot

Coot Passed Away January 7, 2010

I would think at least as long as you've been associated with wimenz. ;)

7. cmhbob

cmhbob Did...did I do that? Staff Member

There you go assuming again.....

It's hard to tattoo an inflatable doll, Stanley tells me........

8. Coot

Coot Passed Away January 7, 2010

Odd, he told me that it isn't that hard to tatoo one, but you will have to keep rolling her legs up so her tits don't go flat. :)

9. Swamp Fox

Swamp Fox Veteran Member

Just you people wait until a cause of action arises ... just you wait ...

10. cmhbob

cmhbob Did...did I do that? Staff Member

Why? You know a good lawyer or something?

11. Swamp Fox

Swamp Fox Veteran Member

Any good lawyer will know how to take revenge - vindictiveness is required in the first year.

12. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Yo! Leon! :rofl:

[​IMG]

13. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Decided not to. At least not till I know what I want.