1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help me with a Tatt...

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by ethics, Feb 16, 2008.

1. Greg

Greg Full Member

I bet you'd look good with a tramp stamp Leon. ;)

How about tattooing your dick "POST NO TATTOOS" ;)

I heard of a guy who had a tattoo on his calf of a chicken strung up with a rope around its neck. He said it was so he could truthfully say he had a cock hanging below his knees. ;)
  2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

I know. Maybe the words, "lest we forget" under?
  3. ethics

I AM A TRAMP! ;)
  4. BigDeputyDog

BigDeputyDog Straight Shootin Admin Staff Member

Something quick...

BDD... :{)
  5. Violet1966

Violet1966 Stand and Deliver Staff Member

Never forget done in hebrew lettering or something with an oil lamp? Lamps can look really cool in ink. Like a jeanie lamp look with a flame out the spout. There's some interesting ideas if you look to Jewish art. http://www.yumuseum.org/index.php?pg=7&zoom=1

Raban too. I can't find much, but might be some interesting art to have duped hidden within that link?
  6. ethics

Thanks Dave, but want to clear away from Star of David. Want to concentrate more on the culture and history vs. Judaism as a religion.
  7. Piobaireachd

Piobaireachd Full Member

I have a Navy friend who had a Plimsoll Line tattooed on his side so he would always know when he was loaded. ;)
  8. MNeedham73

MNeedham73 Well-Known Member

:rofl: That's flippin' hilarious, Todd.
  9. tke711

tke711 Oink Oink Staff Member

Ya, that would be cool.

Do some research on tattoo artists in NYC. Some of the best in the industry have to be located in the city, and then go to them with your idea. A good artist should help you come up with something kick ass.
  10. tke711

tke711 Oink Oink Staff Member

From some quick research, it appears that these are some of the top rated in NYC:

Sacred Tattoo and Bowery Tattoo
    Village Pop (333 Sixth Ave)

Edit: Here's another list of places to check out.

Here's another list
  11. ethics

Yah, I would think THE best would be in the Village. Will start looking.
  12. LissaKay

LissaKay Oh ... Really???

I had to giggle when you said that Wall Street is a "anti-tattoo culture" cause I bet if you got them out of those stuffed shirts, you'd find quite a lot of ink under there.

No suggestions other than to make it something that is meaningful to you. I have a little unicorn on my right boobage/chestal area. I love it and have never regretted it for a moment.
  13. joseftu

joseftu ORIGINAL Pomp-Dumpster

It would be pretty ironic to have something religious or Jewish--tattoos are against Jewish law, clearly forbidden, and my associations with them are always quite negative--it's what the Nazis did to us.

But I can see how you might want to reclaim the whole idea, and make it your own, as kind of a slap in the face to the Nazis.

Only because you asked for advice, not that it's my right to tell you what to do, but I would stay far away from using Hebrew letters at all (and even farther from anything religious, but I don't have to tell you that).
  14. drntdrtydg

drntdrtydg Registered User

Thats @%#&% cool! ( INSERT TOUGH GUY CURSE WORD).
  15. MNeedham73

MNeedham73 Well-Known Member

That's kind of funny, Joe. Ami James from Miami Ink is Jewish and he is obviously covered in tattoos.
  16. drntdrtydg

drntdrtydg Registered User

Good point Joe-us evangelical Christians are taught to avoid them as they prepare one for the mark of the beast. I just don't care for them myself; nothing religous though. More an artistic preference-I think the human body is already so phenomenal I've just never thought we could improve on it but i guess a gazzilion dollar a year cosmetics industry proves that one wrong.LOL.
  17. ethics

I appreciate that, Joe, and yes, you know me man.

The one thing, well a few things we don't do today because of the Nazis. The Tatts are against the Jewish law, has been since those days. Christmas trees (although us former Soviets called it "New Year Pine") are also banned. I'll never forget the Jewish organization rep that came to our apartment one day when we put the tree up. It was our first year in the states and Miriam almost lost it. We were so ostracized by the Jews around us, the Temple, the organization that was aiding us that my parents, who had one all of their lives, never had one again.

And I ask you, WHY? Because the fucktards are still controlling what we do?

No thanks. I spit in their collective faces and if the Jews don't like it, time for them to do the same and stop being little slaves since in 1940's. Never again is not just for "them" it's also for "us".
  18. Piobaireachd

Piobaireachd Full Member

19. ethics

If there's one thing I know, it's never to mess with mother nature, mother in-laws and, mother fucking Ukrainians. --Skinny Pete from the Italian Job.
  20. joseftu

joseftu ORIGINAL Pomp-Dumpster

Oh, there's certainly a range of ideas, even within Judaism, on the subject, and there are plenty of Jews (not just the guy on Miami Ink) who ignore Jewish law or just decide not to follow it. The Torah is very clear--but it's also very clear on plenty of other things, too, and we adapt to fit our beliefs and ideals (or some of us do).

I would never condemn or belittle anyone else, Jewish or not, who might want to tattoo their own body--I just wouldn't do it myself. But I can respect other people's decisions to do so--it's basically none of my business.

So, ethics, wear it in good health!