1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Heads up

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Biker, Jan 2, 2009.

1. damonlab

damonlab Veteran Member

I would rather have the current theme than the other proposed themes.

2. Greg

Greg Full Member

Ditto. :)

The current theme is (1) simple, (2) easy to read, (3) not cluttered up, (4) has harmonious colors, (5) works well, (6) has all the important buttons and knobs.

Oh well. Let's fix it whether it's broke or not, right? :p

3. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Current theme is not being updated as of last release. So it's broke under the hood if you will.

Not an option.

4. Greg

Greg Full Member

Oh, thanks for the explanation. I've seen that happen before, like my favorite Firefox skin. You like it, but you if you stick with it you can't update the main engine, and if you update the main engine the skin won't work anymore. :(

5. jimeez

jimeez Thread Killer

Ditto.

Makes sense. I've had my fair share of fights with skins and message boards in the past. I don't blame you.

6. cmhbob

cmhbob Did...did I do that? Staff Member

7. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

OK.. You're the first one to bitch about broken stuff. Chainsaw is now warmed up and ready to go. Patience! I have to go through and reload/fix everything that was loaded. :banghead:

8. cmhbob

cmhbob Did...did I do that? Staff Member

9. Biker

Will fix the rest of the stuff tomorrow. Have to figure how the variables are called with this new style so I can fix the portal page. Then I'll work on getting the rest of the features fixed.

10. ethics

No rush, Tom. There's a LOT of shit to do. Let me know if you need help.

11. Biker

Features are the easy part. But the headers are broken on the portal page and variables are being called differently in this particular style. Usually it's fairly straightforward in just changing the path to the images/pages that are in error. Doesn't work with this style, so need to do some digging to find where it's called, what the variable is defined as, and then see if I can stick a work around in place so the portal page works without breaking the rest of the forums.

12. Allene

Allene Registered User

Thanks for all your hard work, Biker.

13. Biker

Portal is fixed. Working on the other stuff now.

14. Biker

OK. Pretty sure everything's back to normal. Let me know if you find something that isn't right.

15. joseftu

joseftu ORIGINAL Pomp-Dumpster

All looks good to me.

And is it my imagination, or is the new version a little quicker? Seems snappier. Did they make improvements in the code?

16. Biker

I haven't noticed a difference on the server load.

17. tke711

tke711 Oink Oink Staff Member

Thanks for all your work Tom. It looks great!

18. ethics

Love the "reply to" fix. The white on teal is very vivid, looks much better than it did on the old style.

19. Steve

Steve Is that it, then?

It's a very nice change, less glare I think, much easier on the eyes.

Thanks Tom, we appreciate it!

20. Biker

Found out today that there's an update to the software due to be released on the 27th of this month. Depending on what the changes include, we may be going through the upgrade process again. Stay tuned.......