1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have the Democrats finally reached a new low?

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Sir Joseph, Nov 5, 2002.

1. Sir Joseph

Sir Joseph Registered User

http://www.kthv.com/news/news.asp?storyid=4553

They have a judge extend the deadline for voting clearly in violation of the law.
    First the judge in Jersey allows Lautenberg in and now this.
    Instead of worrying about polling machines working or not, how about we make sure our judges are impartial?

-EDIT- Never mind. ARKANSAS SUPREME COURT OVERTURNS JUDGE ORDER KEEPING POLLS OPEN...

2. jamming

jamming Banned

Well it seems the partisan nature of Senator Wellstone's memorial has upset many in Minnesota, as Walter is having trouble being declared the winner.

3. Techie2000

Techie2000 The crowd would sing:

Yes they gave more people a chance to excercise their right to vote, that is low...:rolleyes:

4. Sir Joseph

Well my mother didn't vote today. Can she excercise her right tomorrow? She'd really love that, and I think she might even vote Democrat.

5. Coot

Coot Passed Away January 7, 2010

Both parties are pulling stuff. The Dems in Arkansas and the Republicans in Maryland were handing out flyers at black churches telling everyone to get out and vote on Nov. 6th...and passing out the word that you couldn't vote if your rent wasn't paid up etc. It's all skanky.

6. Sir Joseph

It might be skanky but there is a difference between skanky and illegal. In any event, I'm glad it was overturned.

7. fritzmp

fritzmp Fire Fire For Effect

What's sad is that there are people that stupid to believe this kind of crap.

8. Sir Joseph

Maybe those people that show up tomorrow to vote should be placed on a "do not vote" list. :) While I'm not in favor of a poll tax, I believe something should be done as a prerequisite to voting.

9. Coot

Coot Passed Away January 7, 2010

None of this surprises me. How can you expect a politician to understand the concept of sullying anything when they'd be the first to pimp their mother for a campaign contribution.

10. Sunriser13

Sunriser13 Knee Deep in Paradise

Sir Joseph (and others), would you have expected the Republican Party to ask for anything different if polling places had run out of ballots in predominantly Republican counties? Why do you seem to feel this is a strictly Democratic issue?

While extending voting hours may not have been the most equitable solution, quite a few voters <i>were</i> denied their right to vote...

11. HaYwIrE

HaYwIrE Banned

In any case, the American people appear to be a bit smarter than I gave them credit for. Republicans rule and will rule for at least the next two years.
    :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

12. btdude

btdude Veteran Member

Let's just not forget that these newly elected republicans ran on moderate platforms. My happiness comes in knowing that there are no longer the far reaching implications of the far right or the far left. Yes, they still exist, as they obviously do in this forum. For the most part, Americans are very middle of the road, moderate people. As long as laws, policies and leadership stay there, I will be happy. Am I dissapointed? Yes. Do I still have faith in our DEMOCRACY? Yes.

I will say here, that it will be interesting to see how the republicans handle all the power. Good or bad, it is all theirs to piss away, or keep ahold of. The blame is theirs to hold onto. The credit is theirs to take away. Yep, they hold it all. Americans are not stupid. Are republicans in power? Sure, they are. Are they the ruling party? I think not. Not all republicans are conservatives. Not all Democrats are liberals. With any party in power, they will make their beds, and they will have to sleep in them. And if Americans are as smart as I know they are, they will give this new congress the rope they need to accomplish some things. But, now, that rope will either be used as a tool to get where they need to be, or it will be used to hang themselves.

13. jfcjrus

jfcjrus Veteran Member

Well said.
    By, I believe, a mature individual that has a grasp of what this political machine is all about.

That said; I, too, can only hope they use this new power wisely.
    Hanging themselves is one thing, taking the rest of us along with them is another.

The next few years should be interesting.
    Regards

14. fritzmp

The Dem's new MS Outlook option.

15. Misu

Misu Hey, I saw that.

Isn't that what the absentee ballots are for, though? If you can't vote on the day of the election, you're allowed to vote I believe 1 week before, in the form of absentee ballot, right?

16. Misu

Misu Hey, I saw that.

I think I need to get that version of Word - I need help writing my suicide note, also.

I give it 6 months before we're at war with some country.

17. fritzmp

Umm......, we are at war and remember, the absence of hostility is not peace.

18. Misu

Misu Hey, I saw that.

No Fritz, I mean like a REAL war, like WW3 where the draft will be re-enacted and women won't be able to wear pantyhose because they'll need the nylon for parachutes-type deal.

19. wapu

wapu Veteran Member

The Senate Declared War?! On who? Who did we declare War on? I didn't realize they were at our borders! Good thing I own a gun. I will defend my land and my country to the death! My son is in the back yard digging a fighting position right now. How long before they take out the internet? Which state has the heaviest fighting?

wapu

20. fritzmp

Just how long do you expect the mediocrity of this world, false friendships, double talk, and pent up anger directed towards the US, will hold the lid down? It's been brewing for some time and I feel better about who is at the helm than if Gore was our President.

It may get ugly at some point, but I do feel like dissiseve action will happen if the deification hits the ventilator shaft. I don't think the Dem's have a good record in keeping us out of wars or helping to end them either.