1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has Something Changed?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Allene, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Allene

Allene Registered User

I see a blank white box to type in. Then when I click in it to start typing, it changes to a faded yellow with some white in it (sort of three bands). There's a black Menu button up in the right-hand corner of the Create Thread screen, but no way to put in smilies or use formatting tools.

Is this me and my new Firefox, or Tom and his "under the hood" activities? If the latter, i won't worry about any of this.

2. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Working as designed. No changes made at all. Although you should have editing tools such as smilies.

3. Biker

Just double checking. Even with the "More Options" screen, you should be seeing the editing tools.This is with Firefox 18.

postshot.png

4. Allene

Allene Registered User

I'm not seeing what you see at all. Is this to do with Java being shut down?

I tried to send you a file with this message, but it didn't attach. It's out there somewhere and called GA problem.jpeg

Attached Files:

5. Allene

Allene Registered User

Uh-oh, it's there, but the way things were working, it didn't look like it was attached to the actual post.

6. Allene

Allene Registered User

In case you're wondering about the ragged shot, my snipping tool gave me a choice, so I chose freehand or whatever it is called.

7. Biker

And here I thought you were trying out your hand on being the next Picaso. :D

8. Allene

Allene Registered User

Ain't gonna happen, ever!

9. Allene

Allene Registered User

I returned Firefox to its default settings, then disabled the Java plugin again. Everything is okay now. I don't know what I had checked or turned off that stripped that stuff out earlier.