1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Happy New Year

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by ethics, Dec 31, 2002.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

The only thing I wish for myself and others in 2003 is for each of us, individually, to strive and achieve our small and long term goals, or at least move a little step closer to that achievement.

I believe happiness, prosperity, and even love can prosper when we nudge ourselves in to some form of action.

Sooooooo, *clinking champaign glass* here's to nudging some, or all of you, in to some form of action. :)

2. Violet1966

Violet1966 Stand and Deliver Staff Member

Here here!!! I'd like to make a toast. To health and happiness and along the lines of what ethics said, that we all strive to be what we can be and let nothing stop us!!! We all should vow in the New Year to keep our eyes open more and to see the love and all the good things that surround us, and see all the things that we should be thankful for in our lives. Just in case I don't get on the comp too much today, here's to all my friends. May you all find health and happiness in the New Year!!! Salute ;)

Happy New Year and be safe all. Love, Violet :)

3. Steve

Steve Is that it, then?

May we all come closer to understanding each other....even if we hate each other's guts :)

4. bruzzes

bruzzes Truthslayer

<center><b>Auld Lang Syne</b></center>

Should auld aquaintence be forgot and never brought to mind?
    Should auld aquaintence be forgot and days o' lang syne?

For auld lang syne my dear , for auld lang syne,
    We'll tak' a cup o' kindness yet for auld lang syne.

And surely ye'll be your pint-stowp! And surely I'll be mine,
    And we'll tak' a cup o' kindness yet, For auld lang syne.

We twa ha'e run about the braes and pu'd the gowans fine;
    But we've wandered mony a weary foot, sin' auld lang syne.

We twa ha'e paddled i' the burn, frae mornin' sun till dine;
    But seas between us braid ha'e roared, sin' auld lang syne.

An' there's a hand my trusty fiere! And gi'es a hand o' thine!
    And we'll tak' a right gude-willy waught, for auld lang syne.

5. cdw

cdw Ahhhh...the good life.

Talk about tear jerkers... there isn't a time yet that I've been able to listen to that song and not cry.

Anyway, the very best to everyone this new year.
    Be happy and healthy!

6. ditch

ditch Downunder Member

Happy New Year. Peace to you all.

7. Leopoldo Niilus

Leopoldo Niilus Registered User

To all the friends in the forum:

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

FELIZ AO NUEVO!

HEAD UUT AASTAT!

Hej tomtegubbar sl i glasen och lt oss lustiga vara. En liten tid vi leva hr, med mycket mda och stort besvr. Hej tomtegubbar sl i glasen och lt oss lustiga vara.

Leopoldo

8. jamming

jamming Banned

Leopoldo, Robert, Steve, Allene, Bob, Leon, and others that have welcomed many of us new people to this fine site. My last new years, I never dreamed that a place like this could happen on the internet. The beauty of the kindness which you welcomed us this last year, is one of the things which gives me hope for the wonders and mysteries of the next?

You, this new place, the friends and acquaintances from the old, have all made my life a little bit better and my burdens a little bit easier. May all your New Years be blessed with the richness that each of you have brought into my life, this place and you people represent online community at its best.