1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grrrr....NewEgg

Discussion in 'Bits & Bytes' started by Coot, Jan 23, 2003.

1. Coot

Coot Passed Away January 7, 2010

I received 5 boxes from NewEgg today. My buddy that wanted a new machine decided he wanted 2. Antec SX635B Cases, Asus A7N8X mobos etc. Well, we ordered 2 LiteOn DVD drives and 2 LiteOn CDRW's and they didn't send any flippin' audio cables for the drives. My assembly fun stops for the night and we try again tomorrow. Pictures to follow along with a write up/review when they're done. :cry:

2. Techie2000

Techie2000 The crowd would sing:

What is and isn't OEM? OEM stuff has no cables, retail box sound cards, mobos with onboard sound, and CD-RW/DVD does.

3. Coot

Coot Passed Away January 7, 2010

The DVD's were retail boxed and the CDRW's were OEM...and there were no cables with the mobo and it does have onboard sound. Not a real biggy, I just have to stop on the way home and buy 4, just an annoyance as things were going along at a pretty good clip tonight )

4. mrRT

mrRT Tech Mod

I have done business with them many times in the past and never had any trouble. Give them a call @ 1-800-390-1119.
    their customer service is pretty decent..

5. Twingo

Twingo Registered User

Why do you need audio cables for the CD drives ?? I haven't used those in years. They work just fine going through the IDE for me.

6. Techie2000

Techie2000 The crowd would sing:

For some people they'll work fine over IDE, but its still better to use the dedicated cables. It frees up IDE bandwidth for other data, lessens the liklyhood of coasters on CD-RWs, and you'll get better sound going through the sound cable. Especially with a digital one if your sound card supports it.