1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Group showers and no privacy — you don’t want to stay at this "inn" in Florida!

Discussion in 'Society and Culture' started by Susan Addams, Feb 11, 2018.

1. Susan Addams

Susan Addams Left Coast Fiscal Conservative

Flagler County Sheriff Rick Staly in front of the the Flagler County Detention Facility
    Flagler County Sheriff’s Office/Facebook​

The benefits include:
    • No privacy
    • Group bathrooms & showers
    • No meal selection
    • Free transportation to courthouse or state prison
    • Designer jewelry to wear - AKA handcuffs & leg irons
    • Free designer clothing - color coordinated jumpsuit and shoes
    Do we have another Sheriff Joe in the making? I sure hope so. Sheriff Joe is one of my heroes! :)

(Note there is a Youtube video in the article, sorry I couldn't figure out how to add it.)
    Allene likes this.
  2. Allene

Allene Registered User

"Free transportation to courthouse or state prison" Talk about being between a rock and a hard place!
  3. Susan Addams

Sheriff Joe would have charged them bus fare... Maybe. :)
    Allene likes this.
  4. dsl987

dsl987 Member

Interesting sign - but the last part is wrong. Crime most definitely does not stop in jail
  5. Susan Addams

The sign doesn't say anything about crime stopping or not stopping in jail. If honest people stay out of the jail at least we can have the perpetrators victimizing other perpetrators. I'm fine with that.

Remember the old saying, "If you can't do the time, don't do the crime."
  6. MemphisMark

MemphisMark Old school Conservative

The problem is, there are so many laws, a person cannot expect to have the time to read all of them, let alone follow all of them.

Three Felonies a Day

The Tyranny Of Good Intentions
  7. Susan Addams

Some laws don't deserve following. Gravity is not one of them. ;)
  8. cdw

cdw Ahhhh...the good life.

lol...how funny. I live in this town. And it used to be a 'old boys' network that ran the sheriff's and other government facilities. The sheriff's department was a muck and so was the election office. Since we got Staley (and I didn't vote for him, but certainly would now) we have so much community involvement in keeping this city safe. Their facebook page is visited sooo many times. They implemented an app for the sheriff website. He is involved in so many community programs one wonders when he has a life of his own! He's focused a lot of attention to the domestic abuse issues. And the sense of humor..while he lets you know to be vigilant he also makes it where you have piece of mind and smile. Heck, they decorated one of the sheriff's cars as a taxi. They have Friday Fugitive Bingo where online they do a thing like lotto with the balls, one pops up and they read who the fugitive is and why they are wanted. AND people are reporting, immediately when they see something not so correct. Is it perfect, no. But does it make ya laugh and realize you aren't the 'bad' guy if you participate and report? Yup. And trust me, if you're committing a felony, you KNOW you are committing a felony, lol. *Sigh*
    Susan Addams likes this.
  9. MemphisMark

MemphisMark Old school Conservative

During my Masonic trial, I challenged the part of the code that had made me instigate said trial (it's a long story). I fronted the statement, "Just because something is a codified law, arrived at by the proper lawmaking procedures in place at the time does not make that law good or right."
  10. Susan Addams

I think the law of gravity is a good one. Just think of the damage a herd of cattle could cause floating around in the sky.

Talk about getting pigeon **** on your windshield?