1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Greed Ruins Even a Friar - Russian Proverb (IE Samsung)

Discussion in 'Bits & Bytes' started by ethics, Oct 10, 2016.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

2. Biker

Biker Administrator Staff Member

Rather than looking at the Pixel, check out One Plus and ASUS Zenfone 3.

3. ethics

No way would I give China my money.

4. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

Not even the Kuomintang? :D

(isn't Asus Taiwanese?)

5. Biker

Well, if you're basing your purchases solely on that, might as well quit looking at the Pixel as it's made by HTC out of Taiwan. ASUS is also Taiwan.

And last year's Nexus 6P was made by Huawei, out of China. Google originally wanted Huawei to make the new Pixel phones as well, but Huawei balked when Google put a condition of no branding on the phones.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
  6. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

Moto Z Force has 5.5 inch screen, expandable storage and the ability to buy a separate 2200 wireless battery pack. My phones have had wireless charging for years which is why I will not consider the Pixel. Once you are used to just setting your phone on a wireless charger at your desk or bedside you will not go back.

7. ethics

There's no s-pen, there's no wireless charging, the screen is .2 bigger on the Note 7. BUT... no bloatware that all of the ones mentioned above come with. It's iPhone 7 or Pixel XL for me. Figure out why, people, and why it's important for the same company to be both the hardware and OS maker.

8. Biker

But.. Google doesn't make them. And if you really want to get down to brass tacks, neither does Apple.

Google has always contracted out the hardware to various companies. HTC, Huawei, ASUS, etc. have all had their run at making the Nexus line.

9. Allene

Allene Registered User

I have an iPhone 7s. This is my third iPhone because my contract has so far run out at the same time they put out a new model. I like the phone and don't care all that much about the other stuff.

ethics likes this.
  10. ethics

Dude, One Plus One is a pure Chinese company. They make and profit for and by China. Apple and Google make things there, may even use some of the things they produce, but to say they are the same thing is a massive stretch.