1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

great NFL games this weekend

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by midranger4, Dec 27, 2002.

1. midranger4

midranger4 Banned

With the high number of playoff spots still up for grabs it appears the NFL final regular season weekend should be very entertaining.

Personally my Eagles are playing the Giants.

The Giants must win to assure themselves a spot in the playoffs and may sneak in even if they lose.

The Eagles on the other hand can lock up home field advantage throughout the playoffs with a win and can back into home field either way if Green Bay loses to the Jets.

It will surely be a knock down, drag out, dog fight and I hope that the Eagles tear the heart out of the Giants just as they have done to us numerous times in the past. Actually I hope they tear it out, stomp on it, throw it around, burn it, slice it up, and dip it in sulfuric acid.

2. bruzzes

bruzzes Truthslayer

My Cleveland Browns...

Can clinch playoff spot:

1) Win AND Denver win AND N.Y. Jets win
    2) Win AND Kansas City loss or tie AND N.Y. Jets win
    3) Win AND Denver win AND Miami win or tie
    4) Win AND Kansas City loss or tie AND Miami win or tie
    5) Tie AND N.Y. Jets loss or tie AND New England loss or tie AND Denver loss or tie AND San Diego loss or tie AND Kansas City loss
    6) New England loss AND N.Y. Jets loss AND Baltimore loss or tie AND Denver loss AND San Diego loss AND Kansas City loss

In addition when the moon is in the seventh house and Jupiter aligns with Mars...

Interesting question here (in Cleveland) was which would you prefer; the Browns win and still fail to make the playoffs or lose and backs in by some miracle.

I would have to go with the former as getting so close teaches the team what is needed next year as opposed to that implied reasoning that the team is where they should be.

3. tke711

tke711 Oink Oink Staff Member

I'm really hoping for a Green Bay win this week versus the Jets. The Jets are in a must win situation so this should be a good game.

If the Packers win though, they will have home field until the NFC title game when they would go to Philly. Since GB is extremely tough to beat at home in January, it would pretty much assure them a shot at the NFC title and the Super Bowl.

Of course, that assumes that the Eagles don't get upset before then. They should be able to beat the Giants this week, but hey, you never know. It all depends on who's more hungry. The Giants are also in do or die time and the Eagles already have the division all locked up. Hopefully for the Eagles sake, they don't look past the Giants.

4. bruzzes

bruzzes Truthslayer

As a Cleveland fan (with an under-achieving team) I do hope Green Bay wins and G B gets home field advantage.
    That is where football is meant to be played in December and January.

I still remember the first few Super Bowls.
    Great games!

5. tke711

I agree bruzzes.

I really wish the NFL would get over the "indoor or warm climate only" mindset they are in for Super Bowls.

IMHO, the Super Bowl should always be played in outdoor, cold weather stadiums. The way football is supposed to be played!

Ok...back to my little dream world now.... :)

6. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Forget it, Eagle boy, your team is going to CHOKE!

(sorry, I just thought this was wayyyyy too casual for sports talk and need some smack!) ;)

7. bruzzes

bruzzes Truthslayer

I don't recall Brooklyn having a football team...

[ You asked for it!]

8. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

OUCH you little peepsqueek! ;)

9. Copzilla

Copzilla dangerous animal Staff Member

The game of the week is Jets and the Pack, I think. They're both so explosive. I couldn't call it... Depends on who shows up for the Pack, Jeckyl or Hyde. Jets are going to play tough regardless. Pack can beat them, but they're not as consistent.

10. tke711

The spread (as of last night) was the Jets -1.5.

Basically, Vegas is saying that this game is a toss up and we'll give the slight edge to the home team.

If Favre and the defence play well, we should win.

11. Domh

Domh Full Member

Jets lose, god hates them.

Packers look like superbowl champs this year.

I think the Pats will beat Miami, they are the better clutch team right now. Miami is terrible away from home at the end of the season.

If the Eagles win the bowl I will kill myself.

;)

12. tke711

ROFLMAO!

I hope you are right about the Packers being Super Bowl champs Domhain! :) Right now, I'm predicting a Packers/Raiders Super Bowl.

It should also be interesting to see how the "Coach of the Year" and "League MVP" turns out this year.

Last time I checked, Mike Sherman was way ahead in the Coaches poll, and Favre has a legitimate shot at a fourth MVP award.

13. cdw

cdw Ahhhh...the good life.

Whoohooohooo! And the Giants win! :haha:

14. tke711

I know...how great is that!!!!

Now, if the Packers can win tomorrow, the Super Bowl will have to go through Green Bay!!!!

15. midranger4

midranger4 Banned

Damn Giants !!!!! There like a bad penny !!!

It's ok though :) We get McNabb back, a bye, and at LEAST one home playoff game.

Should the Jets beat the Packers tomorrow we still get home field throughout :)

I guess to get the respect we deserve the Eagles should pass through Green Bay on their way to the Super Bowl but still in all I would PREFER home field advantage.

16. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

Well, for the first time in my life, I'm praying for Chicago. If they beat the Bucs--which, if they're issued assault rifles and motorcycles, they just might do--then my beloved 49ers can advance to 3rd seed, provided they can win on Monday's game.

SM

17. Domh

Domh Full Member

WOOOOHOOOO!

Pats spank the dolphins at the last minute! Glorious!

Go Greenbay - kill those ass loving Jets.

;)

18. cdw

cdw Ahhhh...the good life.

Oh, I'm gonna love posting in here when the game is over.
    :haha:

19. midranger4

midranger4 Banned

Although I can't stand NY sports teams I just gotta say...GO JETS !!!!

Finish the job and send Favre *packing* so my Eagles can have home field advantage :)

20. midranger4

midranger4 Banned

Thank you NY :)

Now....bring on them Giants again...this time in Philly :)