1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Google Duplex...

Discussion in 'Bits & Bytes' started by ethics, May 11, 2018.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

People are freaking out.

Allene likes this.
  2. rockotman

rockotman Blown on the steel breeze

There is even freakier shit coming - Google I/O was this past week, and this keynote address discusses what lies ahead...

3. ethics

4. rockotman

We just came back from San Francisco earlier this week; on vacation visiting our son. Google Photo took it upon itself to create an album of our trip. Not sure of the criteria it used to select what to include, but it seems to have done a pretty decent job..

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ORzqI8nROIhIi6Jy2

Allene likes this.
  5. Allene

Allene Registered User

I enjoyed your album, Rockotman. I see the seals are still sunning themselves at the wharf. Some things never change. I haven't been there since 1995.

6. Allene

Allene Registered User

I find it rather off-putting. Creepy, even!

7. rockotman

Until this past week, I hadn't been there since 1995, either.

Allene likes this.
  8. cmhbob

cmhbob Did...did I do that? Staff Member

9. ethics

Bottom line: Google may well have created a lifelike voice assistant that we'll all eventually use to complete mundane tasks like appointment scheduling. It also might be close to creating such a thing, but not quite there yet.

I don't believe anyone, including Google, stated that they've released this yet. I think it's 2-3 yrs away. Which is nothing if you think about the technology.

cmhbob likes this.