1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good Spam Tool

Discussion in 'Bits & Bytes' started by Twingo, Jan 22, 2003.

1. Twingo

Twingo Registered User

I've been looking around at ways to slow down and/or stop spam and ran across a great program called Popfile. I haven't seen it mentioned on here yet. You can check it out here:
    http://popfile.sourceforge.net/

I like it because
    - its easy to install and setup
    - Doesn't intrude much
    - learns from input from you
    - add extra features for splitting up things that are good mail into different categories.

I really like it and have only been using it a few days. Its already gotten to the point that its correct more than its wrong and the stats it displays on its website shows that the accuracy gets very good. I'll let ya know how it goes for me over the next few weeks but thought others might want to check it out. It works with your normal Pop email program (outlook, netscape, ect) without too much hassle at all.

I feel like a salesman but theres nothing to sell ;) its free. lol. Oh well, others should try it out and see what you think.

2. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

Man, the next person who invents something like this for yahoo or hotmail will be a millionaire. :(

3. Twingo

Twingo Registered User

Well yahoo has its 'bulk folder' which is probably a crude form of this idea. With my yahoo I'd say I only get 5-10% of my spam in my mail inbox, most all goes to the bulk folder.