1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Golf] Waterproof cameras next??

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by BigDeputyDog, Dec 15, 2002.

1. BigDeputyDog

BigDeputyDog Straight Shootin Admin Staff Member

Full story found here

from the newstory
    Should Tiger Woods be used to this by now? Or should the photographers be bound by the rule of "Quiet Please!"?

Being a golfer, I know how an unexpected sound can interrupt your concentration at a critical moment (always have something to blame ;)...) but is this going a bit too far??

Your thoughts... :)

BDD... :{)

2. ditch

ditch Downunder Member

An over the top reaction. Tiger owes the owner anew camera. Throwing someones property into the drink isn't the way to handle this.

3. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

ON the one hand, perhaps the tourney that's being played should hold rules? If the rules allow cameras perhaps it's time for the professional golfers to train themselves to ignore this.

4. BigDeputyDog

another quote from the article
    The rules are already in effect... this person appeared to disregard them...

5. ethics

Then the actions were appropriate, at least in mho. ;)

6. BigDeputyDog

Okay... let's play the "what if" game...

Ethics, had you been the one who disregarded the rules, would the loss of a "$7,000 camera" been an appropriate penalty???

Just food for thought... ;)

7. ethics

Honestly? I would not have taken the shots, even if I had a camera with me.

I'd be pissed, true, but rules are rules.

8. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

Regardless of the rules in place the caddy should not be enforcing them. If was not deputized he was wrong and Tiger owes the guy a camera. And the guy should be banned from all sports events for his disregard of the rules. That will make the camera seem cheap.

9. ethics

No arguments there. The way it was done was not the best way, and I totally agree with the both of you.

However, banning or just suspending him for one year would send the message to others as well.