1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

God has voted.

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by ditch, Nov 6, 2002.

1. ditch

ditch Downunder Member

Jeb Bush thanked Almighty God for his election victory in Florida. Nothing to do with the voters of Florida of course. I suppose if the Democrat had won he would have thanked Almighty God as well. Now which party does God vote for anyway? :(

2. jamming

jamming Banned

God is a Republican ;)

3. HaYwIrE

HaYwIrE Banned

Damned right. He hates Democrats. :)

4. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

If God is a Republican---or a politician, we are all in deep shit.

5. jfcjrus

jfcjrus Veteran Member

Hummm...
    I don't know, but I think equating God (no matter what your particular persuassion) to a politician is rather risky.
    I'm going to leave this thread now, because I suspect all you guys are going to Hell, and I can't afford to be around.
    Regards,
    :_

(edited for a spelling error)

6. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

If I believed in God calling him a politician would move me over the line!

7. jamming

jamming Banned

I didn't say he was a politician, look GOP compared to GOD, coincidence I don't think so. By the way I am libertarian ;)

8. mikeky

mikeky Member

Too late jfcjrus. Perhaps you haven't heard the old joke:

:)

9. RRedline

RRedline Veteran MMember

If Jeb wants to thank Loki and Ptah, he has every right. I'm just glad that he didn't say that God won the election for him. That's about how pathetic professional athletes are who credit God for their championships. As if God would care who wins the Super Bowl? People can be such pompous a-holes.

I think God would be an Independent, by the way. After all, he makes his own rules, right? I bet he'd be a dictator too.

10. fritzmp

fritzmp Fire Fire For Effect

Man and his politics are a compromise of self worth that God tolerates.

11. Robert Harris

Robert Harris Passed Away Aug. 19, 2006

Poor fellow. I hope you recover soon.

12. Stonehawk

Stonehawk AKA Jerry

HEY! I resemble that remark ;)

I have to agree with the earlier posts....like God really gives two shits who is running the state of Florida, or anything else political for that matter.....

Stay safe all....

13. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

Welcome back, Robaire. :)

SM

14. ethics

Or sports!!!! :)

15. Misu

Misu Hey, I saw that.

ugh... bush won :(

I'm so pissed about that...

16. fritzmp

fritzmp Fire Fire For Effect

Yes he did, and I think it kind of puts that "he has no mandate" thing to rest. I do hope that they do something with this new streamline of power and not abuse it. There is a lot to be done and I do hope they find the wisdom to implement some common sense in immigration and securing our borders. That is my bigest concern at this point.

The closing of the stock market will be a big indicator of how things may be for the economic front.

17. ethics

Someone on this forum (wish I remembered who) mentioned that they and everyone, would vote against incumbants no matter who they were.

I tend to agree.

18. Robert Harris

Robert Harris Passed Away Aug. 19, 2006

I've been watching and pretty much keeping my mouth shut. But I felt guilty watching you become the only object of abuse, so jumped in.

19. jamming

jamming Banned

I am thinking of changing, but I can't really find a party that I agree with and we have closed primaries here.

20. Jedi Writer

Jedi Writer Guest

Amen.