1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Global Affairs Hall of Fame

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by ethics, Oct 26, 2002.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

I've received an excellent suggestion from someone (if they wish to reveal themselves by all means) that I think might be a nice thing for this forum.

There are posts, at times, where you read them and you actually stop, because it's so wonderful, and re-read it, only to find even more flow, beauty, logic, and that extra "umph".

Before these disappear in to cyber space oblivion what we should do is offer them a place on a special viewing pedestal.

What I was thinking was something like a new forum with the following subforums (you haven't seen subforums yet but they would work great in this instance).

1. Post of the Month

2. Post of the Week

3. Thread of the Week

4. Thread of the Month

Giving the recogntion on an individual level and on a group of participants level.

I've also decided to at least look in to the stars system (kind of thumbs up). I can't promise anything here prior to the release of the new software, but will look around the web sights and see if I can hack it in a nice way. :)

Anyway, as usual, comments, criticism are welcome.
  2. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

Not a bad idea.
  3. RRedline

RRedline Veteran MMember

This sounds like a great idea. I guess the hard part is actually implementing it. Will it work on a voting system or do you get to be a dictator? :)
  4. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

People offer nominations. After that's done people get to vote on the winner. :)