1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[WOW] Getting back to WoW (Vanilla)

Discussion in 'MMORPG' started by ethics, Jun 16, 2018.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

As some of you already know, Vanilla WoW is going to be available in the next patch. As in entire servers dedicated to the way WoW used to be back when...well, in truth, back when we all ran dungeons and raids together.

I've finally met Copz in Houston and mentioned that Vanilla is coming back and he's interested in giving it a try. We all should check it out. I mean, agree on a server, and run on the horde side of things.

Dev Watercooler: World of Warcraft Classic - WoW

2. SixofNine

SixofNine Jedi Sage Staff Member

Willing to give it a shot. I took a break from the current game because it's just me running around solo.

3. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

As much as I'd love to, I don't know if I have the time or patience to do that hamster wheel all over again.

I haven't been back into WoW in a few years/releases.

Last update I played, only gave some new shitty island to run the same practically impossible quests over again until your eyes bled just to build up rep to buy a few shiny things that made it easier to run said quests.

I think I didn't even make it to the end of the paid-for month.

4. ethics

I don't even know what part that was. Broken Isle? Or the last shop in Pandora? Either way, most people dropped out of Pandora but tbh, it's a gorgeous land with some awesome quests. Of course, now you don't have spend a lot of time there as Legion comes at 98 I believe.

Regardless, this is about classic/vanilla WoW.

5. ethics

Yah, same. But enjoying some of the story lines. SOME are unforgettable.

6. ethics

Some details coming in.

Blizzard reveals World of Warcraft Classic to be based on patch 1.12

http://flip.it/zIfade

7. SixofNine

8. SixofNine

9. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I got talking with a new guy at work from the North West, he mentioned getting back into WoW after several years and said he was on Thrall/Horde.

I mentioned we used to run naked gmomes on Thrall to Undercity and Orgrimmar to have dance parties when Cenarion Circle was down and he was like “Holy crap, was that you!?!?!?”

SixofNine likes this.
  10. ethics

LMAO we were famous!

11. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

12. ethics

Wait, what marking ships? LOL

13. Andy

Andy ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I guess that means they will now show the ships on the map in real time to see when they arrive at the port you are waiting at?

14. ethics

Ahhhhh. Not a fan of that. Why I like Vanilla servers.