1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Get some plants for home, folks

Discussion in 'Society and Culture' started by ethics, Sep 27, 2018.

1. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

2. Allene

Allene Registered User

I like them too. I only have five at home now. Years ago I had about 30. That was a bit too much. I also had them at work. One time I went on vacation, and when I got back, my plant was gone. Someone who didn't like my plant had taken the liberty to throw it out and replace it with one more to her liking! She came over to tell me all about it too. I was dumbfounded!:blink-84:

ethics likes this.
  3. Arc

Arc Full Member

I bet when she told you that for a fleeting moment you wished your beloved Beagle was a Pit Bull or a Rottweiler.

Allene likes this.
  4. Allene

Allene Registered User

Honestly, I was sorely tempted! This was a minor incident, compared with other events in that toxic workplace, but sometimes small things are the most irritating.

5. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

I can be an asshole when I need to be.
    I like them too. I only have five at home now. Years ago I had about 30. That was a bit too much. I also had them at work. One time I went on vacation, and when I got back, my plant was gone. Someone who didn't like my plant had taken the liberty to throw it out and replace it with one more to her liking! She came over to tell me all about it too. I was dumbfounded!" ]
    I would have said you stole my property. You replace it immediately or charges will be filed. Your choice. Nobody gives anybody the right to take my property because they don't like. That woman deserved to be taken down a dozen pegs.

I will admit if you swas the boss's girlfriend I might look for a job first.

Allene likes this.
  6. Allene

Allene Registered User

LOL! The situation was a bit more complex. Some of the people in that department were under my supervision, but she was under my boss's supervision. She was transferred out of the department not long after that, but it was for more than just my plant. She was sent to the public service area, which was not a place she wanted to work in.