1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Genetically engineered food

Discussion in 'Issues Around the World' started by Sharondippity, Dec 16, 2002.

1. Sharondippity

Sharondippity Sweetness and Light

I heard that animals won't eat genetically engineered foods. I would like to find some information on that, but haven't been successful using just google.

2. ditch

ditch Downunder Member

Thats an interesting bit of information Sharondippity. I'd be curious to know the answer myself but a bit of research is needed there. I'll have to get back tomorrow on that one.

3. Sunriser13

Sunriser13 Knee Deep in Paradise

Most pet foods contain, at the very least, genetically modified ingredients such as soy and corn, both of which seem difficult to even find these days in a non-modified form.

Is there anything specific you're interested in more info about, Sharon? I'm having a little success finding info in bits and pieces all over the place, but wonder if I could narrow down my search...

4. jamming

jamming Banned

I am impressed personally with the genetically modified salmon, they are not fertile and raised in fish farms, they grow larger and quicker than normal salmon. Also Chefs' and Food Critics' cannot tell the difference after the fish is prepared.

5. Sunriser13

Sunriser13 Knee Deep in Paradise

Just a quick update: About the only thing I've seen so far regarding your specific question is anecdotal evidence at best - stories of cows, for example, breaking through fences and passing through fields of GE corn to decimate the next, non-GE, field...

6. Sharondippity

Sharondippity Sweetness and Light

Well now I'm going to have to admit to the person who told me that tidbit, that I wasn't listening close enough to him telling me his source on the comment. Darnit.