1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gender Icon

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by DSL Dan, Oct 26, 2002.

1. DSL Dan

DSL Dan Registered User

How would everyone feel about an icon to alert us to members genders, perhaps something small that could reside near their avatars? No big deal, but I'd rather be correct in my "his" and "her" attributions, and references to "gentleman" versus "lady".
    :idea:

2. Sunriser13

Sunriser13 Knee Deep in Paradise

That's not a bad idea at all, Dan. There aren't too many of us ladies here, but as we grow it might become a little harder to keep up with us...

It could be made optional, just as revealing location is.

3. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

Unless I am just preparing for a job with the circus my icon pretty much says I am male but I wonder about some of you.

4. ethics

ethics Pomp-Dumpster Staff Member

I could have sworn that was one of the profile questions. My head is spinning from all the code I've seen...

5. yazdzik

yazdzik Veteran Member

Dear Eth,
    It is, but the other users do not see it in the profile.
    Best,
    M

6. ethics

Then it's time to open them up?

Let me start a poll in another thread. I don't want to offend people with opening the profiles for all to see.

7. Sunriser13

Sunriser13 Knee Deep in Paradise

I've seen on yabbse boards a simple icon to the left of the posts with the other information. Does your software have a way of allowing that?

8. Allene

Allene Registered User

I'd be more comfortable if I could tell whether I was talking to a man or a woman too.

Thanks.

Allene

9. ethics

Jeez. I didn't think this was such a requested item.

I am on it. Give me a few days. :)

10. ethics

Gender has been added. So far there's three options, Female, Male, and Undisclosed for those that choose so. You can set your gender via User CP, Edit Profile.

I'll try to get a simply image to work.

P.S. SO far this only works under the CSS Styles. Will work on Greyscale and Apple later on.

11. Sir Joseph

Sir Joseph Registered User

It's not showing up by mine. I'm using the Apple format.

Thanks. Also, how about a tag in the post to show that the post has been edited?

12. ethics

Forum is set to edit without indication up to 5 minutes of the original post. After 5 minutes, if you edit, it will tag it as such.

I can change that to 1 minute, if you wish.

13. ethics

Apple is done...

14. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

I'd be more comfortable knowing if the woman I was messaging was single and available. :_

SM

15. ethics

Way out of my league of coding. :p

16. Sierra Mike

Sierra Mike The Dude Abides Staff Member

17. ethics

All styles are complete. All you have to do is go in to your user cp and edit profile, pick a gender.

18. ShinyTop

ShinyTop I know what is right or wrong!

Thank you Leon.

19. ditch

ditch Downunder Member

How about an icon for those that can't decide which sex they are and one for those that are both depending on what day of the week it is?
    And also one for age, height, sexual fantasies, favouite food, favouite colour.....OK I'm going.:)

20. ethics

[mover]LOL[/mover]